News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2016, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by PIE-GUY, October 17, 2015, 02:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: JPhishman on December 04, 2015, 02:05:42 PM
2013 I did both weekends and saw 10 sunrises so yeah... :samurai:

How many brass passes do you have?       :evil:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 04, 2015, 02:10:32 PM
Quote from: JPhishman on December 04, 2015, 02:05:42 PM
2013 I did both weekends and saw 10 sunrises so yeah... :samurai:

How many brass passes do you have?       :evil:

No double weekends for me (yet), and only a couple (shared) brass passes...BUT this'll be JF # 9 for me  :mrgreen:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

emay

PIE-GUY

mattstick

If I buy a vintage Jazzfest poster this week I can get $40 off the 2016 poster...

emay

me and the lady were eating brunch (at a very fine creole spot here in denver) with one of her VT friends that was in town last weekend and we were discussing hitting up Jazzfest this year since neither of them have been to NOLA.
she loves paul simon so looks like planning has started...

Gundo

Thinking I might try to make one of these weekends as well. It's been too long since I've been to NOLA

zimbra

Quote from: EdBanky on December 09, 2015, 05:38:42 PM
Thinking I might try to make one of these weekends as well. It's been too long since I've been to NOLA

Let's do it!
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

gah

Quote from: mattstick on December 09, 2015, 04:55:49 PM

If I buy a vintage Jazzfest poster this week I can get $40 off the 2016 poster...

yeah, I saw that same promo...which one you going to go for?

oh, and a big  :banana: to all the other paugers talking about coming!

:crazy:

JPhishman

Quote from: gah on December 11, 2015, 10:36:11 AM

That is a pretty sweet deal. The ones I want though, like Satchmo, Shorty Congo or Rebirth, are all spendy or altogether unavailable. Spending $250 I wasn't gonna spend to save $40..... Not this time Art4Now. Not this time.

After I get last years Jamcruise and jazzfest framed, and the THIS YEAR'S, I'm gonna be fresh out of wall space anyway.

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mattstick

I have all signed editions dating back to 09, so I was maybe looking at the unsigned 08?

mattstick

Actually I don't have the 2010!  Guess I'll buy that one.

Anyone want to let me get free shipping to a US address? When it arrives you can slap my shipping info onto it and I'll paypal you the shipping cost to Canada?

gah

Quote from: JPhishman on December 11, 2015, 12:25:43 PM
Quote from: gah on December 11, 2015, 10:36:11 AM

That is a pretty sweet deal. The ones I want though, like Satchmo, Shorty Congo or Rebirth, are all spendy or altogether unavailable. Spending $250 I wasn't gonna spend to save $40..... Not this time Art4Now. Not this time.

After I get last years Jamcruise and jazzfest framed, and the THIS YEAR'S, I'm gonna be fresh out of wall space anyway.

Yeah, that '95 satch, is valued at $1770 at this point, UNSIGNED! The signed remarque is $6200  :-o

The 07 congo square rebirth one is at $805 right now. I'm kicking myself for not getting it that year, esp seeing how nice it looks in a couple friends frames. pretty sure pg has that one up as well.

UGH! I got a whole list of them that i want to get!

Congo Sq: rebirth, kermit, shorty, uncle lionel

JF: dr. john, wynton, allen toussaint, pres hall

That's......expensive  :shakehead:

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on December 12, 2015, 09:59:30 AM

The 07 congo square rebirth one is at $805 right now. I'm kicking myself for not getting it that year, esp seeing how nice it looks in a couple friends frames. pretty sure pg has that one up as well.

My living room features all four Terrence Osbourne official Jazzfest posters. Two are Congo square posters (Rebirth and Uncle Lionel) then two JF posters (Trombone Shorty and Pres Hall). That's all the artwork in the room. Nothing but Terrence Osbourne.

gah

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 12, 2015, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: gah on December 12, 2015, 09:59:30 AM

My living room features all four Terrence Osbourne official Jazzfest posters. Two are Congo square posters (Rebirth and Uncle Lionel) then two JF posters (Trombone Shorty and Pres Hall). That's all the artwork in the room. Nothing but Terrence Osbourne.

ooooooooooober jealous.