News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2016, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by PIE-GUY, October 17, 2015, 02:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Ok... They say it's a marathon, not a sprint. But I always forget about that on day one. I've been drinking pretty consistently since m last post here... That was 17 hours ago.

Somehow, I'm actually not even drunk.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Quote from: PGLHAH on April 23, 2016, 04:17:01 AM
Ok... They say it's a marathon, not a sprint. But I always forget about that on day one. I've been drinking pretty consistently since m last post here... That was 17 hours ago.

Somehow, I'm actually not even drunk.

Oh yeah?  Well then where are your pants?

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

mbw

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

kellerb

PIE-GUY

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

sunrisevt

Quote from: PGLHAH on May 02, 2016, 06:46:04 PM
one more paug pham pic...

Somehow, this photo makes me feel, at once, both great joy and a mild hangover.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

emay

Caravan2001

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on May 06, 2016, 05:29:54 PM
Quote from: mehead on May 06, 2016, 01:04:06 PM
Quote from: PGLHAH on May 06, 2016, 12:03:54 AM
This photo gallery from Jazzfest... Peep the pic captioned "Nigel Hall and a fan"

http://liveforlivemusic.com/features/the-magical-people-and-sights-of-jazz-fest-2016

Excellent!!

Quote from: sunrisevt on May 07, 2016, 11:08:34 AM
Quote from: PGLHAH on May 06, 2016, 12:03:54 AM
This photo gallery from Jazzfest... Peep the pic captioned "Nigel Hall and a fan"

http://liveforlivemusic.com/features/the-magical-people-and-sights-of-jazz-fest-2016

Who's the stringbean?    :-P

cross thread post reply; if you view the entire gallery at the bottom, you'd find this pic in there too:

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

gah

Pete Fountain passed away a few days ago at the age of 86. One of the torch bearers of that classic New Orleans sound. Performed at Jazzfest 40 times. Performed at 5 White House state dinners. Survived by his wife of 64 years. RIP.

I liked this story:

QuoteMr. Fountain began to play clarinet at the urging of a doctor, who said it would help build his lung capacity. He began performing in nightclubs at 15, alongside many of the founders of New Orleans jazz.

When one of his high school teachers reprimanded him for sleeping in class, Mr. Fountain explained that he was working nights on Bourbon Street. The teacher asked how much he made: Mr. Fountain said he took home $150 a week.

"He said, 'I don't make that — go turn in your book,' " Mr. Fountain recalled to the New Orleans Times-Picayune in 1997. "He wrote my mother a note saying, 'Let this boy get some sleep so he can work at night.' "
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.