News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Tool/Primus 2016 Tour

Started by emay, November 17, 2015, 12:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Super psyched for this tour.
Have loved both these groups since high school and have never seen Tool live. I assume more dates will be announced

Tool, Primus & 3Teeth Tour Dates

1/09 - Viejas Arena - San Diego, CA
1/13 - AT&T Center - San Antonio, TX
1/16 - BOK Center - Tulsa, OK
1/17 - Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie - Grand Prairie, TX
1/19 - Landers Center - Southaven, MS
1/23 - Bridgestone Arena - Nashville, TN
1/25 - Infinite Energy Center - Duluth, GA
1/26 - Bojangles' Coliseum - Charlotte, NC

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mehead

Quote from: Bobafett on November 17, 2015, 12:11:44 PM
Holy fuck!

Never seen Primus but have seen Tool. It was insanity

:rawk:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

Quote from: mehead on November 17, 2015, 12:37:00 PM
Holy fuck!

Never seen Primus but have seen Tool. It was insanity

:rawk:

Same. Hmm. Charlotte on a week night. Hmm.
Is this still Wombat?

zimbra

I'm definitely doing either the Tulsa show or Grand Prairie show. Tulsa is a Saturday, GP is a Sunday but way closer of a drive.  I would love, although I know its highly unlikely, a King Crimson cover at one point during this tour.  Les and Tool both have significant ties to KC.

ETA: Strange tour arrangement.  I know Tool has played that venue in San Diego before but odd that they play one Cali show then San Antonio>Tulsa>Dallas with an eight day gap to Atlanta.  My only assumption is that it's due to last minute tour arrangements/venue availability.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

Seen primus like 3 times and its rowdy.
Would love to hit Nashville or the San Diego show except I will be coming back from Fort Myers FL liek a week before that so not sure if the budget could take another hit that soon.
Other option would be Tulsa...hmmmm

sophist

I despise the venue they are playing here.  It's outside Atlanta, in a part of town with horrific traffic, and the staff at the venue is always very abrasive.  Last time I saw a show there (it was Tool), they also stopped serving beer around 830 (thirty minutes into the show).  Monday too.  I'm happy they are touring but this is also some fucked up touring schedule too.  I'll buy my tickets on Friday I guess.  I know this will sell out
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mistercharlie

Holy fuck!

If no other dates are announced I may have to drive to Nashville for the weekend!

Damnit, just checked and that's about a 5 hour drive. For once I wish someone was playing in Chicago.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Lifeboy

Quote from: zimbra on November 17, 2015, 01:06:34 PM
I'm definitely doing either the Tulsa show or Grand Prairie show. Tulsa is a Saturday, GP is a Sunday but way closer of a drive.  I would love, although I know its highly unlikely, a King Crimson cover at one point during this tour.  Les and Tool both have significant ties to KC.

ETA: Strange tour arrangement.  I know Tool has played that venue in San Diego before but odd that they play one Cali show then San Antonio>Tulsa>Dallas with an eight day gap to Atlanta.  My only assumption is that it's due to last minute tour arrangements/venue availability.

Let me know what your final plans are. I want to come if its a possibility.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Lifeboy

Nevermind, just realized you're probably gonna fly since you'll be coming from Houston
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mehead

Quote from: sophist on November 17, 2015, 01:59:32 PM
I despise the venue they are playing here.  It's outside Atlanta, in a part of town with horrific traffic, and the staff at the venue is always very abrasive.  Last time I saw a show there (it was Tool), they also stopped serving beer around 830 (thirty minutes into the show).  Monday too.  I'm happy they are touring but this is also some fucked up touring schedule too.  I'll buy my tickets on Friday I guess.  I know this will sell out

Yeah, not a fan of Duluth. 

How many people does that place hold?
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sophist

Quote from: mehead on November 18, 2015, 10:28:08 AM
Quote from: sophist on November 17, 2015, 01:59:32 PM

Yeah, not a fan of Duluth. 

How many people does that place hold?
I think its 12-13k.  Not 100% sure.  It's a decent sized arena.  Sound can be spotty.  Security was tight last time too. 

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 17, 2015, 05:33:46 PM
Holy fuck!

If no other dates are announced I may have to drive to Nashville for the weekend!

Damnit, just checked and that's about a 5 hour drive. For once I wish someone was playing in Chicago.
5 hours is a cake walk.  Make it happen brah. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!