News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Riviera Maya - Jan. 13-15, 2017

Started by rowjimmy, April 12, 2016, 03:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on April 12, 2016, 07:37:21 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 12, 2016, 07:33:04 PM
So... are people thinking this will become a regular thing?

How often do these other bands like Panic do this? Is it every year?

I guess, from the bands standpoint... There's no reason not to do it once a year? I'm sure they profit as much as any other random shows and hey, free vacation for the family in Mexico.

2 hiatuses have taught me that nothing is ever guaranteed.  Just book it already!

Well, I can't argue with that.

Also - it's seems the 'early' announcement is to please the masses that felt they announced too late last year.... But they still only give us a week to put down thousands of dollars. No payment plan? Or did I miss that?
Bring in the dude!

emay

I guess, from the bands standpoint... There's no reason not to do it once a year? I'm sure they profit as much as any other random shows and hey, free vacation for the family in Mexico.

Panic has done it every year since they started and the disco biscuits Umphreys and sts9 have been doing it for almost a decade now. And yeah you're spot on its cuz they almost sell it out every year people love t as much as jam cruise and jazzfest as another annual music fest vacation. I bet phish milks this as long as they could since I'm pretty sure this is on the larger side if not largest of these destination Mexico music events. And we all know phish will sell out every year except for maybe the presidential executive suite or whatever

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 12, 2016, 08:02:11 PM
Quote from: anthrax on April 12, 2016, 07:37:21 PM

2 hiatuses have taught me that nothing is ever guaranteed.  Just book it already!

Well, I can't argue with that.

Also - it's seems the 'early' announcement is to please the masses that felt they announced too late last year.... But they still only give us a week to put down thousands of dollars. No payment plan? Or did I miss that?

Yeah it's nice they told us early but wtf still no time to actually save up and plan for this. They have a payment plan I saw it was 60% down at booking and then it's like 20 percent in May and another 20 after that

whatapiper

100% in this year with the lady, no questions. I did not have to solicit her in the slightest, I think she would have divorced me if I said we couldn't do it again this year.   Had some friends that stayed at the host resort and Hard Rock and I have heard very mixed reviews. Anyone care to comment on their experience? I post show shuttles to HR only took 10 or 20 minutes, the music was much better at the hard rock and overall vibe. Heard that host resort was a little more uptight, the pools are not as nice and they were serenading everybody with classical music throughout the weekend.  Hard rock sounds like a better time but staying at the host resort is a tough one to pass up.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

whatapiper

Thought my wife said it was 60% down and then they start taking 10% starting in August and ending in Novembre before the Christmas holidays.
beginning to end
we belong

VDB

The shuttle to/from the Hard Rock was quick and painless. The resort itself is nice, although it didn't feel like any kind of extension of the greater event except for the abundance of heads on the property. We managed to sneak into the Barcelo one night, and with the little indoor mall and bowling alley etc. there it felt like a much better post-show scene. Also, the Barcelo has actual sand beaches whereas all I saw at Hard Rock were actual, hard, rock waterfronts.

Is this still Wombat?

emay

Quote from: whatapiper on April 12, 2016, 08:22:35 PM
Thought my wife said it was 60% down and then they start taking 10% starting in August and ending in Novembre before the Christmas holidays.

That's prob it
I glanced over it and was tryin to remember

whatapiper

Quote from: VDB on April 12, 2016, 08:58:46 PM
The shuttle to/from the Hard Rock was quick and painless. The resort itself is nice, although it didn't feel like any kind of extension of the greater event except for the abundance of heads on the property. We managed to sneak into the Barcelo one night, and with the little indoor mall and bowling alley etc. there it felt like a much better post-show scene. Also, the Barcelo has actual sand beaches whereas all I saw at Hard Rock were actual, hard, rock waterfronts.

Well you just hit some key points there, post show scene is huge for me and sandy beaches is huge for the lady. Thx!
beginning to end
we belong

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on April 12, 2016, 09:09:08 PM
Quote from: whatapiper on April 12, 2016, 08:22:35 PM

That's prob it
I glanced over it and was tryin to remember

Nice, I actually wasn't aware of any of this.

Quote from: whatapiper on April 12, 2016, 09:44:25 PM
Quote from: VDB on April 12, 2016, 08:58:46 PM
The shuttle to/from the Hard Rock was quick and painless. The resort itself is nice, although it didn't feel like any kind of extension of the greater event except for the abundance of heads on the property. We managed to sneak into the Barcelo one night, and with the little indoor mall and bowling alley etc. there it felt like a much better post-show scene. Also, the Barcelo has actual sand beaches whereas

Well you just hit some key points there, post show scene is huge for me and sandy beaches is huge for the lady. Thx!

yep, all important points here.

So, the Barcelo is the place to be....where the concert takes place. Sweet. Makes sense!
Bring in the dude!

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

whatapiper

So I actually took a look at the print last night and I was incorrect, 60% down at time of purchase and then 10% coming out of the same account starting in May and ending in August. 
beginning to end
we belong

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: whatapiper on April 13, 2016, 09:52:47 AM
So I actually took a look at the print last night and I was incorrect, 60% down at time of purchase and then 10% coming out of the same account starting in May and ending in August.

Got it.

Is there a way to split up payment between cards or does one person have to put it all down?
Bring in the dude!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 13, 2016, 11:16:42 AM
Quote from: whatapiper on April 13, 2016, 09:52:47 AM

Got it.

Is there a way to split up payment between cards or does one person have to put it all down?

ooo good question, if we could do two that would be clutch