Author Topic: Stranger Things  (Read 2642 times)

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
Re: Stranger Things
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 05:34:29 AM »
The wife leaves for work in an hour and a half, then I go to the basement and binge watch the last three episodes. I'm like a kid on christmas.  :wtu:
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2016, 02:50:12 PM »
Just finished it. Great show. Leaves it open for a sequel or two. The only thing I had a problem with was Nancy getting back together with Jean Ralphio McDick-Tickle, I hate that guy.

Episode six almost had me in a panic attack it was so intense. Or maybe it was the   :smoke:
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »
Really enjoying the 3 episodes I have seen.  Will try to squeeze in at least one or two more tonight.  Very well done show.

Offline EdBanky

• Reading The Book...
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2016, 03:35:09 AM »
MC, i'm too lazy right now to figure out how to black out my post like yours so I'm just going to be as vague as I can. I actually liked him throughout the entire show. They never really made him a bad guy, just a dumb guy who couldn't understand that there's a monster stealing people away to another dimension. And you know that thing he does at the end was pretty funny/heroic

Offline mehead

• In the Band
  • They attack!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 01:10:14 PM »
Watched the first 6 episodes yesterday. Hope to finish it up tonight. Really great stuff. The whole 80's angle is really done well.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2016, 05:22:50 PM »
MC, i'm too lazy right now to figure out how to black out my post like yours so I'm just going to be as vague as I can. I actually liked him throughout the entire show. They never really made him a bad guy, just a dumb guy who couldn't understand that there's a monster stealing people away to another dimension. And you know that thing he does at the end was pretty funny/heroic

He's a dick to not only Jonathan (that one is slightly justified) but also a  a complete asshole to Nancy and then Jonathan again (this time getting his bitch-ass kicked for it). He just seems like a sleezy "do anything to get laid' type to me.  :sbw:

He reminds me of everyone I hated in high school.

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 07:55:24 AM »
I don't think he's that one-dimensional and the character does grow a bit...
I think they did that well, esp for a supporting character.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 05:04:03 PM »
I don't think he's that one-dimensional and the character does grow a bit...
I think they did that well, esp for a supporting character.

I read an interview with the Duffer Brothers and they said that he was written as the complete douche that I think of him as, but as they were filming they really liked the actor who was playing him so they decided to write him a better ending/resolution.

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 01:53:33 PM »

Offline justjezmund

• Gamehendge
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2016, 08:20:54 PM »
Loved this so much, probably the coolest thing ive watched in a while.  The stepson did a bunch of research post last episode about it and I guess this might just be a two part event, which i love the idea of.  Tons of theories after watching.  So what sort of "upside down" connection is will gunna have?  Crazy connections to 11? Obviously 11 is still alive, I think at least. If not who is eating the eggos?  Lots of awesome stuff. cant wait to watch more, and cant wait for the soundtrack to get dropped(bet its gunna get pressed too).
It's like BJ Galore over here!

I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Offline GBL

• Lot Security
  • Wrote the Book
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 11:39:50 PM »
I'm definitely going to grab the soundtrack when it comes out

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 05:51:39 AM »
Loved this so much, probably the coolest thing ive watched in a while.  The stepson did a bunch of research post last episode about it and I guess this might just be a two part event, which i love the idea of.  Tons of theories after watching.  So what sort of "upside down" connection is will gunna have?  Crazy connections to 11? Obviously 11 is still alive, I think at least. If not who is eating the eggos?  Lots of awesome stuff. cant wait to watch more, and cant wait for the soundtrack to get dropped(bet its gunna get pressed too).

I was kinda sad when I saw that it was only being released Digitally and on CD. Not pressing it would be a totally missed opportunity for more nostalgia.

Offline alcoholandcoffeebeans

• In the Band
  • would rather yell and spit.
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 07:04:34 AM »
I'm only through episode 4, binged 2-4 last night...

totally in love with every character's development, the music, the forensic side of it, and all else in between.

hopefully I'll be able to finish before we have our big move next weekend. I'm super pumped to see where this story goes.
honest to the point of recklessness...

♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Offline emay

• In the Band
  • The Walrus was Page
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 11:37:15 AM »
Got an episode left.
Good stuff.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 11:49:54 AM »
The wife and I are halfway through our second viewing. And I still stand by Steve is a complete douche.