News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish on Fallon

Started by mistercharlie, October 04, 2016, 05:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

There was someone on FB bitching about the price of MSG tickets with relation to the expensive shirt... just a readicculus argument. MSG holds 20K people. That shirt is worth about 10 tickets. If the tickets were half the price it would be 20 tickets... out of 20,000... still a grain of sand. Who the fuck cares.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

After the tours and sold out shows from the past 7 years, dudes aren't hurting to say the least.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: PGLHAH on October 12, 2016, 04:59:33 PM
There was someone on FB bitching about the price of MSG tickets with relation to the expensive shirt... just a readicculus argument. MSG holds 20K people. That shirt is worth about 10 tickets. If the tickets were half the price it would be 20 tickets... out of 20,000... still a grain of sand. Who the fuck cares.

Math, how does that work?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

August

LELLZ.
0 posts about the actual performance.
1 Brazillion on a shirt.

mistercharlie

I don't know when phans turned into viewers of the E! network, but I'm not a fan of people not being a fan.  :mrgreen:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: August on October 12, 2016, 06:12:56 PM
LELLZ.
1 Brazillion on a shirt.

Heh. Was thinking similarly. 

Both these songs, while they initially made me want to vomit, they now just make me feel...indifferent.

Blaze On for example. It's cheesy, it's basic, the lyrics are cringy.... but... it's hard to hate. It's just so familiar and basic and catchy that it's tough to reeeaally have a strong like/dislike for. It just kinda.... is. I won't ever jump with joy upon hearing those opening notes, but I also surely won't groan. The jam is really what makes it, so, without a jam like on Fallon. The shirt is kinda more intriguing than anything else ...
Bring in the dude!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 12, 2016, 07:55:41 PM
LELLZ.
1 Brazillion on a shirt.

Both these songs, while they initially made me want to vomit, they now just make me feel...indifferent.

Blaze On for example. It's cheesy, it's basic, the lyrics are cringy.... but... it's hard to hate. It's just so familiar and basic and catchy that it's tough to reeeaally have a strong like/dislike for. It just kinda.... is. I won't ever jump with joy upon hearing those opening notes, but I also surely won't groan. The jam is really what makes it, so, without a jam like on Fallon. The shirt is kinda more intriguing than anything else ...

Blaze on and No mans are def my fave on the album.
That being said its hard to not crack a huge smile every time Trey sings the "And we'll rage with Page at the dying of the light" line, so as much as I don't like the song it does have its moments but basically in the same category as Show of Life or Joy or BDTNL for me, I guess.

mbw

I couldnt hear the music over Treys shirt.
Get it?  Cause the shirt is loud.

Gundo

The bitching about the shirt is just people expressing how they feel it reflects the quality of the music they've been putting out lately. Whether you want to admit it or not, your fashion choices represents who you wanna be, and I can see how people think trey isn't focused on putting out badass music anymore because his head is in another place than it once was.

ytowndan

I was totally unaware of the Guccigate scandal until popping in here.  Hilarious! 

Seriously, dudes, it's a shirt.  Is it expensive?  Yes.  Is it kind of ugly?  Sure.  But it's just a shirt.  (And as anthrax pointed out, it might not even be his expensive, ugly shirt.)
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Buffalo Budd

Styles change guys, I don't see the big deal.

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

LELLZ.
1 Brazillion on a shirt.

Correction: 1 post about the actual performance.

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 11, 2016, 12:33:19 AM
Meh
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 12, 2016, 08:23:26 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 12, 2016, 07:55:41 PM
LELLZ.
1 Brazillion on a shirt.

Blaze on and No mans are def my fave on the album.
That being said its hard to not crack a huge smile every time Trey sings the "And we'll rage with Page at the dying of the light" line, so as much as I don't like the song it does have its moments but basically in the same category as Show of Life or Joy or BDTNL for me, I guess.

This is how you rage at the dying of the light.

QuoteDo Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Words: Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

http://werksman.home.xs4all.nl/cale/lyrics/words_for_the_dying.html#do_not_go

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

rowjimmy

Quote from: EdBanky on October 12, 2016, 11:57:04 PM
The bitching about the shirt is just people expressing how they feel it reflects the quality of the music they've been putting out lately. Whether you want to admit it or not, your fashion choices represents who you wanna be, and I can see how people think trey isn't focused on putting out badass music anymore because his head is in another place than it once was.

Worst post ever.

When is a shirt more than a shirt?
Never.
Unless you don't wear pants with it then it's a dress.

ANYWAY

I thought the performances were well in line with most of their other talk show performances. Kinda average. Very limited opportunity to do anything but run the song.
NBD.