News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Westworld

Started by Hicks, October 06, 2016, 01:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

Quote from: Hicks on November 16, 2016, 10:26:51 PM
Quote from: justjezmund on November 16, 2016, 10:09:28 PM
so anyone else heard this theory [spoiler]where this time span we are watching is three different decades? where Deloris keeps trying to be saved and fails. take that into account that my buddies and i believe that William is ed harris 30 yrs ago?  A young man who is working for a company that wants to buy a money hemorrhaging westworld, who as ford says "gets whatever he wants" and who tells Deloris in the first episode "ive been coming here for 30 yrs and you still don't remember me". [/spoiler] I may be a little drunk but so many peices being put together. Im re watching and losing my shit.  :crazy:

Yes, yes I have heard that. 

[spoiler]. Lawrence immediately showing back up as El Lazo in the William story would support that theory.  [/spolier]

also [spoiler]bernard lowe is an anagram for arnold weber[/spoiler].  BOOM!
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Hicks

Quote from: justjezmund on November 16, 2016, 10:32:53 PM
so anyone else heard this theory [spoiler]where this time span we are watching is three different decades? where Deloris keeps trying to be saved and fails. take that into account that my buddies and i believe that William is ed harris 30 yrs ago?  A young man who is working for a company that wants to buy a money hemorrhaging westworld, who as ford says "gets whatever he wants" and who tells Deloris in the first episode "ive been coming here for 30 yrs and you still don't remember me". [/spoiler] I may be a little drunk but so many peices being put together. Im re watching and losing my shit.  :crazy:

[spoiler]. Lawrence immediately showing back up as El Lazo in the William story would support that theory.  [/spolier]

I dunno man, that doesn't look like anything to me. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

justjezmund

Quote from: Hicks on November 16, 2016, 10:34:23 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

justjezmund

Quote from: justjezmund on November 16, 2016, 10:35:51 PM

also, for more white hat>black hat [spoiler]Say William falls so in love with a host (Deloris) and trys to "free" her while shes rebelling, only to fail over and over again. So he keeps coming back to "take her home with him" and in failing every time becomes more and more bitter at this fact and eventually throws his white hat away and then picks up a black one.[/spoiler]  :roll:

Edit: now granted these last few are merely theories of buddies of mine and myself but still.

mistercharlie

Quote from: justjezmund on November 16, 2016, 11:23:00 PM
Quote from: justjezmund on November 16, 2016, 10:35:51 PM

also, for more white hat>black hat [spoiler]Say William falls so in love with a host (Deloris) and trys to "free" her while shes rebelling, only to fail over and over again. So he keeps coming back to "take her home with him" and in failing every time becomes more and more bitter at this fact and eventually throws his white hat away and then picks up a black one.[/spoiler]  :roll:

Edit: now granted these last few are merely theories of buddies of mine and myself but still.

The [spoiler]three timelimes theory has been around a while and is I fully agree. The Bernard is an anagram for Arnols is new to me, but I've been thinking that Bernard is a host that Arnold figured out how to put his mind inside and he's just pretending like Ford still controls him[/spoiler]
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

Honestly, that doesn't mean much to me in regards to that theory.  He just got cleaned up and dropped back into his loop, IMO...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

Quote from: tet on November 17, 2016, 09:43:28 AM

Honestly, that doesn't mean much to me in regards to that theory.  He just got cleaned up and dropped back into his loop, IMO...

[spoiler]and in that same scene Deloris sees another copy of herself walking through the crowd.[/spoiler]
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

I think that was more [spoiler]Delores short-circuiting[/spoiler] than anything having to do with the [spoiler]multiple time frames. [/spoiler]

What interests me more is that [spoiler]the room used by Bernard to do his interviews with Delores, where she's clothed, seems to be the exact same room where the climax of the last episode took place - there are some stills floating around that show it as pretty much identical.  Whether this means that those scenes were in fact Arnold interviewing her, and not Bernard, remains to be seen, but it's definitely something to keep an eye on in terms of proving the "Bernarold" theory.[/spoiler]
-Phish

tet

OK so the whole [spoiler]multiple-timeframes theory[/spoiler] may actually be true... SO many hints this week!  Beyond Delores just exclaiming [spoiler]"WHEN AM I??"[/spoiler], I think there is just a ton of evidence pointing that way, especially with the [spoiler]host who MiB is surprised was not retired.  FYI, that's the same blonde who is in the town dancing scene in this episode as well as the earlier flashback scene when Ford was first describing the early days of the park to Bernarnold, and she was also the one who first welcomed William to Westworld when he got off the train and offered teh sex, and guns[/spoiler].  So, while she may have been repurposed for Ford's "new narrative," it seems like there are [spoiler]multiple timeframes happening here.  Then, Delores just having either a meltdown or flashback to various times with people there, then gone, then back, could mean that she is just remember an earlier loop, while being triggered by something happening in the present.  It's all very confusing, but lends credence to a lot of what people had speculated, and which I had pretty much dismissed up until now.[/spoiler]

The absolute greatest thing I just read, which lends even further credence to this theory, is that the [spoiler]producers are geeks, and if MiB is really William, his current traveling companion means that they are both on Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure...[/spoiler]
-Phish

ytowndan

Holy crap!  What a great episode. 

[spoiler]Never doubt an anagram that's just too perfect to be coincidental![/spoiler] 

Can't wait for the finale.  Still so many questions!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Hicks

Really loving how this show is turning out to be a showcase for Jeffrey Wright, such an amazingly talented actor.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

That episode brought so many of my questions about my theories to an end. I now believe that I've been right all along and I feel wonderful.

tet

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 29, 2016, 05:29:05 AM
That episode brought so many of my questions about my theories to an end. I now believe that I've been right all along and I feel wonderful.

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention... 
-Phish

mistercharlie

Quote from: tet on November 30, 2016, 01:41:58 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 29, 2016, 05:29:05 AM
Yeah, there will be no happy ending. I just feel wonderful for figuring out some of the mysteries ahead of time. Its the same feeling I get when I solve a complicated puzzle.
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention...

VDB

Finished the show tonight. Good call by whoever's responsible for many of those theories up there.

I have to admit my interest in this show began to flag after a few episodes, and it only picked back up a little. All the (seemingly) disparate storylines that didn't seem to be going anywhere had me caring less and less, to the point where by the time they brought everything together for the big finish I was partly checked out. Also, I found that much of the show was simply obtuse for the sake of it, which hindered my ability to really feel like my keeping rapt attention would be paid off in the end.

Not a bad show, had some interesting little philosophical nuggets, but I can't say I rank this very highly against other great TV I've seen in my life.
Is this still Wombat?