News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-10-31 - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, NV

Started by ytowndan, November 01, 2016, 03:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

PHISH, SUNDAY 10/31/2016
MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA
Las Vegas , NV

SET 1: Carini[1], Your Pet Cat, AC/DC Bag > Free > Possum, What's the Use? > Wombat, Tube, Wolfman's Brother, Ass Handed, Petrichor > Run Like an Antelope[1]

SET 2: Five Years, Soul Love, Moonage Daydream, Starman, It Ain't Easy, Lady Stardust, Star, Hang On to Yourself, Ziggy Stardust, Suffragette City, Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

SET 3: 46 Days > Sand > Twist[2] -> Drums[3], Meatstick > Also Sprach Zarathustra[4] > Backwards Down the Number Line > Slave to the Traffic Light,

ENCORE: Space Oddity

[1] Lyrics changed to make reference to Trey's shirt from The Tonight Show.
[2] Trey on Marimba Lumina.
[3] Trey on Marimba Lumina, Page and Mike on percussion.
[4] Fame quotes by Trey.

This show was webcast via Live Phish. Carini featured lyrics altered to reference Trey's shirt, which he wore on The Tonight Show. Trey teased Martian Monster in Free. The second set "musical costume" was David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars. All of the songs in the second set were Phish debuts. Twist and Drums featured Trey on Marimba Lumina, and Drums featured Mike and Page on percussion. Also Sprach Zarathustra contained Fame quotes from Trey.

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Caravan2001

Me likey.  Me tired.  Solid 4 night run.  Stoked for all the peeps that made the effort to be there.  I'd be on my lips after four nights.  I'm on my lips and I watched it from home....

VDB

Unbelievable stuff. I was convinced Ziggy was a fakeout. Very glad I was wrong.
Tremendous run.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

For once I called it! Can't wait to dig into this after work today.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

Awesome night.
Awesome weekend.
Let's do it again sometime
Paug FTMFW!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

color me jealous.

I expect every single one of you to hold me accountable to the fact that next year I promise myself to do Halloween AND/OR NYE.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

jam>

Watching youtube now. Will admit I'm a bit teary eyed watching phish sound so awesome with strings and backing vocals on the Bowie album.

antelope19

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 01, 2016, 08:09:32 AM
color me jealous.

I expect every single one of you to hold me accountable to the fact that next year I promise myself to do Halloween AND/OR NYE.

Noted
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mehead

This old man cant stay up for these west coast shenanigans on a school night but cant wait to watch the Ziggy set tonight after work. 

Great way to wrap up a short but great phall tour! 

:phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Gumbo72203

I think you could tell the band was tired a bit... the first set was a little disjointed and didn't really hit many big peaks.  Wolfman's had some sick licks, and I thought the Tube jam was really good. 

Curious to listen to the 11-minute 2001 from the 3rd set. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

Antelope referenced the shirt too.

Great show, great run, great band.
Great Paug crew too!

anthrax

Well, that was fun!  Can't wait to rewatch set 2 as soon as I get home.  That and sleep. 

mattstick

It's a bit of a bummer they don't bring the "costume guests" out for set III anymore.

sunrisevt

My one complaint about this show is the disappointing lack of visibly nude 'paugers in the webcast feed.

That is all.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.