News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2017, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by PIE-GUY, November 29, 2016, 07:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 28, 2017, 02:32:21 PM
First Sunday is Midnight Disturbers... just sayin'

Highlight of the day right there.

Then again, just being there, I could be completely surprised and hooked on someone I'd never thought or heard of, like The Suffers did last year.

It's official. I'm exited....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on March 28, 2017, 03:34:23 PM

Then again, just being there, I could be completely surprised and hooked on someone I'd never thought or heard of, like The Suffers did last year.

exited to where, exactly?

Me, I'm excited. Just took a highlighter to the cubes. Actually, second Friday is looking weakest of the bunch.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 28, 2017, 04:05:19 PM
Quote from: gah on March 28, 2017, 03:34:23 PM

exited to where, exactly?

Me, I'm excited. Just took a highlighter to the cubes. Actually, second Friday is looking weakest of the bunch.

I'm exited your face motherfucker! And I'm stairwaying for that soft shell po boy!

Just printed out the cubes....I'm more of a circler than highlighter...also, the app last year was pretty cool, hope they do that again.

Also, similar to march madness style brackets, I'm going to have to do some listening to some of these bands I haven't heard of in head to head match ups to see what I might want to check out in some slots.

Also, I'm only doing first weekend, but agreed, Friday 2nd weekend and Sunday first weekend are the two weakest days of the bunch...maybe there's another Friday fest happening elsewhere though....But I know you'll be planted at Acura for the Revivalists and DMB....

emay

Man some conflicting sets that second Saturday, but ill probably just bounce between the miles davis tribute, stevie, and a little snoop dogg.
Havent been since 2015 so psyched!!

Skipping the 2nd Friday, I land at 1030 PM and then cabbing over to Kamasi Washington and then maybe the howling wolf after that for that Dr. Klaw and Shady Horns, pretty wide open from there. Tentative schedule is: JRAD Sunday, Voodoo Dead Saturday followed by late late night New Mastersounds starting at 3 AM. Going to hit up Kermit Ruffins spot too one of those days. Food at the festival is amazing but if anyone has any more recs that arent at the fest please post here. I leave Tuesday afternoon so got some free time Monday & Tuesday to check out the rest of the town some more.

gah

Quote from: emayPhishyCO on March 28, 2017, 04:32:47 PM
Man some conflicting sets that second Saturday, but ill probably just bounce between the miles davis tribute, stevie, and a little snoop dogg.

Skipping the 2nd Friday, I land at 1030 PM and then cabbing over to Kamasi Washington and then maybe the howling wolf after that for that Dr. Klaw and Shady Horns, pretty wide open from there. Tentative schedule is: JRAD Sunday, Voodoo Dead Saturday followed by late late night New Mastersounds starting at 3 AM. Going to hit up Kermit Ruffins spot too one of those days. Food at the festival is amazing but if anyone has any more recs that arent at the fest please post here. I leave Tuesday afternoon so got some free time Monday & Tuesday to check out the rest of the town some more.

I know JRAD Saturday night is sold out, but if you swapped your voodoo and jrad nights, you'd get to hit the barton hall tribute show they're doing sunday night.

Also, New Mastersounds late night Saturday is cool if you haven't seen them before, but if you have, hit up Greboy Allstars at Tips! That's the show I'd be at. And in the prime slot too, 2am second Saturday night at Tips is where the magic happens.....always.

emay

Quote from: gah on March 28, 2017, 04:48:15 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyCO on March 28, 2017, 04:32:47 PM

I know JRAD Saturday night is sold out, but if you swapped your voodoo and jrad nights, you'd get to hit the barton hall tribute show they're doing sunday night.

Also, New Mastersounds late night Saturday is cool if you haven't seen them before, but if you have, hit up Greboy Allstars at Tips! That's the show I'd be at. And in the prime slot too, 2am second Saturday night at Tips is where the magic happens.....always.

Nice!!! Very true I have seen new master sounds a lot. I think half live in CO by now they seem to play almost every month and Eddie Roberts will play a couple super jams a month here. Def down for greyboy all stars instead !! Haven't seen them in a while. Thanks for the heads up!!! I feel like every time I look at that jazz fest grids there some show I never noticed the other 10 times I looked haha. Would like to catch that exile on bourbon steeet too

PIE-GUY

PIE-GUY

Also, FiyaFest is no longer on the Fiya website at all.

PIE-GUY

Got this pic from Stack... this is MY Brass Pass!!!

emay

got the crew to get greyboy allstar tickets for tips  :mrgreen: thanks for the rec GAH!

Will probably head there after Greensky but that show still up in the air.

gah

Quote from: emayPhishyCO on April 17, 2017, 04:41:17 PM
got the crew to get greyboy allstar tickets for tips  :mrgreen: thanks for the rec GAH!

yes dude! You guys are gonna rage. GBA are always great, and the party at tips 2nd saturday night is always a good time all the way out into the streets. totally jealous.

10 days away for me  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on April 18, 2017, 10:20:24 AM

yes dude! You guys are gonna rage. GBA are always great, and the party at tips 2nd saturday night is always a good time all the way out into the streets. totally jealous.

hey, what are the days you're there? You gonna hit the Meters with me Saturday night?

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 18, 2017, 10:24:46 AM

hey, what are the days you're there? You gonna hit the Meters with me Saturday night?

Friday morning through Tuesday afternoon. And yes. For sure. The gf is going to be hanging with her folks on Frenchman that night and said I HAVE to go with you to the Meters. Also, Guy and his stepdad are going to be there. But if you have an extra, let me know. I think his girl wants to come too.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: gah on April 18, 2017, 10:29:03 AM

Friday morning through Tuesday afternoon. And yes. For sure. The gf is going to be hanging with her folks on Frenchman that night and said I HAVE to go with you to the Meters. Also, Guy and his stepdad are going to be there. But if you have an extra, let me know. I think his girl wants to come too.

Actually, I have 4 x GA Floors for the Meters... and Stack is single again, so I probably only need two... and I need the money, so I gotta sell 'em!!

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 18, 2017, 10:31:38 AM
Quote from: gah on April 18, 2017, 10:29:03 AM

Actually, I have 4 x GA Floors for the Meters... and Stack is single again, so I probably only need two... and I need the money, so I gotta sell 'em!!

Count me in for both the other two tickets then! BOOM!