News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee Winter Tour 2017

Started by WhatstheUse?, December 20, 2016, 09:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on January 08, 2017, 10:45:31 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 08, 2017, 09:48:29 AM
Some cool news... Just added a show with The New Mastersounds @ the Belly Up in Aspen!

Pretty big support slot for us and a sweet venue taboot. I caught MGB there back in 2010 or so -- Actually was the only time I've met him

Oh shit!! what day is that I will def come up for that. I love NMS and Aspen and the Jauntee! Belly Up is an amazing venue too, that will be great exposure.

A Monday?? damnit!  :frustrated: :frustrated: Might still make it. I might take that Tues off work to board actually

WhatstheUse?

Oh my.... greatest news ever.

Apparently the 'MSG/Hood Phish meme kid"'s band is opening for us in Lansing, MI

My life has now come full circle  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

ph92

I think the next place I live needs to have a good music scene... Florida has nothing but shitty electronic music festivals and other shitty electronic shows.

I some Jauntee in my life.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 01, 2017, 08:57:10 PM

Apparently the 'MSG/Hood Phish meme kid"'s band is opening for us in Lansing, MI

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: ph92 on February 01, 2017, 09:05:48 PM
I think the next place I live needs to have a good music scene... Florida has nothing but shitty electronic music festivals and other shitty electronic shows.

You're in Jacksonville now? We used to play Fernandina Beach a bit, but I wouldn't exactly say there's a 'scene' there.  We would still like to explore FL a bit more- aura/bear creek and all the festivals at that spot have given the music scene some cred. I hear boca raton is one of the best areas for jam stuff... that's far from you though!

Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 01, 2017, 08:57:10 PM

Holy crap!  You gotta have "Peakey Pete" sit in with you. 

Also, find out if the lady in sunglasses is his mom. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ph92

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 01, 2017, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: ph92 on February 01, 2017, 09:05:48 PM

You're in Jacksonville now? We used to play Fernandina Beach a bit, but I wouldn't exactly say there's a 'scene' there.  We would still like to explore FL a bit more- aura/bear creek and all the festivals at that spot have given the music scene some cred. I hear boca raton is one of the best areas for jam stuff... that's far from you though!

Yessir.  Shit dude! I always seem to move to where you were about to play more, or (in this case) after you been playing there :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

But I'll catch you guys sometime.

Fernandina is like 30min away.... so just come back, scene or not. I'll be there, I have like 3 friends. It's a start.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Gumbo72203

I want to comment to say how awesome the track "Dunes" is.  Those chords are glorious.  Super gooey and melodic and drippy...  very enjoyable.  Also, you guys should check out the show from last night, because Enjoy The Ride hit a very nice dark, doomy segment with John playing this fantastic bassline to make everything really foreboding and sinister almost.  During the early part of the verses, the lights really synergized with the band in a great way; make sure you check the video if you can. 

Also, the Renaissance Man was HUGE!  That may have been the peakiest I've ever heard that song.  The lights were pretty great too during this.  It's amazing what having a light show for these guys does to the music and overall vibe! 

whenever I win the lottery, I'm earmarking a few $100k so that they can do this properly!  ;)

EDIT:  Oh man, the Jaunts on Fire from this show!!!!  holy crap!   That was so great!  It hit everything, from murky, watery dank-funk to raging Caton fireballs of shred-peak.  PHew..... i need a towel after that!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

kellerb

Hey Scott what time slot is the Jauntee actually playing this weekend at the Stanley & the Mousetrap?

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on February 16, 2017, 10:51:00 AM
Hey Scott what time slot is the Jauntee actually playing this weekend at the Stanley & the Mousetrap?

Are you going to the Mousetrap, Keller?

And I had the same question for you Scotty.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 16, 2017, 11:32:00 AM

Trying to figure out.  Tricky tricky. That's why I'm interrogating him

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on February 16, 2017, 11:57:29 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on February 16, 2017, 11:32:00 AM

Trying to figure out.  Tricky tricky. That's why I'm interrogating him

Is your new place closer to Cinci or Indy?

WhatstheUse?

We play 10:20-midnight in Cinci and I believe we start at 10pm in Indy.
Bring in the dude!

Augustus

How was NYC?
Sorry I couldn't make it out :/

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Augustus on February 16, 2017, 03:05:44 PM
How was NYC?
Sorry I couldn't make it out :/

Pretty good for a weeknight and first time at that spot. Maybe 40-50 people there for our set.
Bring in the dude!