News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-12-28 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Started by anthrax, December 28, 2016, 11:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

12-28-16
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

I:. Star Spangled Banner, Stealing Time, Lonesome Cowboy Bill, Free, Train Song, Prince Caspian, Roggae, Funky Bitch, Halfway to the Moon, Corrina, Stash, Cavern

II:. Wolfman's Brother, Golden Age>Simple, Chalk Dust Torture, Martian Monster>Tweezer Reprise*>Martian Monster, Wingsuit, Possum

Encore: GTBT

*Lyrics changed to "Your trip is short"

August

I honestly can't remember the last show I went to, but was glad I caught last night.
Kicked it with Caravan in some FAT Club seats!
Thought they sounded pretty rehearsed and despite the song choices in the 1st set, I thought they flowed nicely and brought some extra POW to slower stuff like Roggae and Caspian.

Superfreakie

Please tell me you stayed for the second set Aug.......
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 29, 2016, 08:02:29 AM

This! We're all stairway for an answer to this question!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

August

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 29, 2016, 08:17:01 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on December 29, 2016, 08:02:29 AM

This! We're all stairway for an answer to this question!!

Hope you guys aren't serious.

PIE-GUY

There was an interview with CK5 earlier this year where he talked about doing the lights for the knicks and that he now knows all the lights in the room and would be incorporating them into the nye run... looks like that is happening. Wish I was there to see it...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Fine jam out of Wolfman's, recognizing perhaps the importance of the second-set opener slot.

Golden Age was in no hurry to go anywhere for a while, then blossomed into that now-familiar blissy, peaky, major climax not altogether unreminiscent of what had just preceded it.

Martian Monster had all but lost its appeal to me, seeming to become more perfunctory and insipid with each outing, but this one was already showing unusual verve even before the Tweeprise tomfoolery. Stat keepers are no doubt puzzling over this one. Was it fully -> Tweeprise with altered lyrics? Simply Martian with "elements of Tweezer Reprise"? Opinions seem to vary.

Is this still Wombat?

emay

That set second opener wolfmans > blaze on > golden age from Dicks 15 was prob the highlight of the run for me that year. Love some wolfmans set two openers, gets the groove going early.

Digging the full circle of lights in the arena, would be crazy to be there, makes you feel like your in the thick of it.

WhatstheUse?

Solid opener! I'd say they exceeded my expectations for the first night of a run.

I dug the song selection in the first set and agree with Aug that both Roggae and Caspian had a little extra something.  I also remered that I don't hate Caspian when it's not cutting off a jam deep second set

Second set was solid too. Mostly straight rawk but there's nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't have called that a full tweesprise, more of a tease. Cool either way!

The full arena lights looked cool... until you're directly under one of the beams. Then it feels like "oh shit! Cops!"
Bring in the dude!

jam>

Fun show that definitely defied my expectations for a first show warm-up. Those lights in the crowd are way too much in my opinion. It must be fun for the lighting guys and the band, but it's distracting and very, "oh shit cops". They could be very cool dialed back and used for emphasis. I could see them being pulled out once a night in the heat of a second set jam and everyone in the room feeling oneness or something.

anthrax

emay

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard I can def see it being annoying if your sitting under one of those, would def be distracting if you feel like a helicopter is circling around you the whole show.

rowjimmy

I enjoyed listening this morning. First set had some nice tunes and a decent first set flow.
Points for Corinna, LCB, & Stash.

Golden Age came on slow and solid. Need to go back and relisten. Simple was smooth while short and I like that they finally committed to the Tweezer Reprise jam that they've hinted at in recent versions.

I also like that this show gave me my new sig.

Caravan2001

Decent show.  Had fun with Aug in the club seats.  It was a decent setup.  First set highlight for me was Funky Bitch but it was all pretty good.  The Tweeprise was cool, but I couldn't figure out what they were saying while it was happening.  Also, I thought Wingsuit>Possum was the encore and Good Times Bad Times was the 3rd encore lol.  GTBT was rad.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 29, 2016, 01:40:58 PM
Decent show.  Had fun with Aug in the club seats.  It was a decent setup.  First set highlight for me was Funky Bitch but it was all pretty good.  The Tweeprise was cool, but I couldn't figure out what they were saying while it was happening.  Also, I thought Wingsuit>Possum was the encore and Good Times Bad Times was the 3rd encore lol.  GTBT was rad.

I thought they played that spot on during the stream.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.