News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish St. Louis '93 Release

Started by anthrax, February 06, 2017, 08:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MUV7ML8/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1486427639&sr=1-1&keywords=Phish

QuoteA 6-disc CD box set containing two live Phish concerts from 1993. 4/14/93 & 8/16/93 from the American Theater in St. Louis, MO. In 1993, Phish was touring following the release of their fourth album Rift, and rapidly expanding into colleges and theaters as word spread about their renowned live performances. St. Louis '93 captures the band at two standout shows on consecutive tours at the 1,750-seat Beaux Arts style American Theatre. The first of the two American Theatre shows was April 14, 1993 - dubbed the "Roger Proposal" show when Trey's old friend Roger Holloway decided to propose to his girlfriend Jennifer onstage. Trey and Roger conspired to make the proposal. Highlights of the April show included a creative Stash/Kung/Horse mash-up, Roger's Proposal to open set II (she said "Yes"!) followed by AC/DC Bag and My Sweet One for the newly-engaged couple, You Enjoy Myself > Spooky > You Enjoy Myself, and a dreamy Harpua > Runaway Jim. The encore was dedicated to Roger and Jen "on the road of life." Phish's second show at the American took place August 16, 1993 during the legendary summer '93 tour, which found the band taking exponentially bigger risks while exploring the outer limits of their repertoire. The August show kicked off with a non-stop sequence of Axilla > Possum > Horn > Reba > Sparkle. During I Didn't Know, Fish used Voodoo and his Madonna washboard in an attempt to push back the waters of the Great Flood of 1993. Unique interstitial jams connected many of the songs in set I and added an extra element of mystery. The St. Louis Reba was an improvisational masterpiece. Possum, Foam and Split Open And Melt were all superb as was the only Mike's Song > Faht > Weekapaug Groove combination ever played. St. Louis '93 was recorded in stereo from the soundboard by Paul Languedoc and mastered by Fred Kevorkian. The 6-CD boxed set (also available as livephish.com streaming and downloads) will be released March 31, 2017 and is crucial listening for all Phish fans and their fiancés or fiancées

mbw

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on February 06, 2017, 08:14:51 PM
Sweet.  Lol at that last line.

although I don't like the line preceding it about Dr. Deaf having a hand in this.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

natronzero

That Stash>Kung>Stash from 4/14 is straight up
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

rowjimmy

Hicks

Stoked to finally get that Reba in better quality. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

So, you'd think the band listens to these archival shows before releasing them, right?

See where I'm going with this?
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

You down with ninety-three? Yeah you know me!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Augustus

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Ohhhhh heeelllllll yeeeesss  :music:

QuoteThe St. Louis Reba was an improvisational masterpiece.

^ THIS
Bring in the dude!

mopper_smurf

Comes with a nice booklet with cool pix, stories and stuff. Oh wait.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Marmar

lets see....not that i'm complaining....but, 2/19/93, 2/20/93, 2/21/93, 3/28/93, 5/8/93, 8/7/93, 8/13/93, 8/14/93 have all been released......this makes 1993 tied for most releases for a year "from the archives"....

'93 was a hella good year, and IMHO the shows they have picked for release are mostly the "average" shows.....where the hell are the barn burners!?!?

Still, looking forward to this release!
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Marmar on February 09, 2017, 08:59:47 AM

'93 was a hella good year, and IMHO the shows they have picked for release are mostly the "average" shows.....where the hell are the barn burners!?!?

These guys are wealthy and not yet super old. THey are probably looking forward to a long retirement funded by the release of the so-called barnburners.
When will we see Big Cypress?
When Page decides to stay home and play tennis.
When will we see The Great Went?
When Mike decides to make a movie about his solo band touring in support of a movie about his solo band touring in support of his movie.