News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Summer "Tour" 2017

Started by emay, March 21, 2017, 02:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Hicks

CK5 was figuring out how to integrate the screens better into the overall rig, but having said that, I'm glad to see them go and hope it is permanent, they never really felt "Phishy" to me. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gundo

I've always liked the huge beams of light. Those coupled with with a nice stage haze is all I need. The led screens just had too much of a pop singer vibe going on

mistercharlie

Quote from: EdBanky on July 12, 2017, 06:06:01 PM
I've always liked the huge beams of light. Those coupled with with a nice stage haze is all I need. The led screens just had too much of a pop singer vibe going on
agreed.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ph92

Quote from: Hicks on July 12, 2017, 04:51:19 PM
CK5 was figuring out how to integrate the screens better into the overall rig, but having said that, I'm glad to see them go and hope it is permanent, they never really felt "Phishy" to me. 
Yeah. They felt way too gimmicky for my taste. Did they do away with the cloth (or whatever material) projection circles? I didn't see them in the tweets with pictures, I've always liked those
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mbw

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: gah on July 15, 2017, 10:21:14 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 15, 2017, 02:44:41 AM
Yay for no LEDs!

def glad those had a short lifespan

I hated those bright bastards.

Buuuuuut, since they are gone now, I'm not mad at Kuroda for giving them a try. I'm sure he'll be relived to hear that.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: ph92 on July 12, 2017, 11:07:43 PM
Yeah. They felt way too gimmicky for my taste. Did they do away with the cloth (or whatever material) projection circles? I didn't see them in the tweets with pictures, I've always liked those

Yes they did do away with the circles,

In 2013.   :wtu:
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on July 15, 2017, 11:37:15 AM

I did like how Kuroda could write 'PHISH' on them.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ph92

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 15, 2017, 11:39:51 AM

same.
But oh... That's what I get for missing out on 4 years of the Phish
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 15, 2017, 10:35:34 AM
Quote from: gah on July 15, 2017, 10:21:14 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 15, 2017, 02:44:41 AM
Yay for no LEDs!

def glad those had a short lifespan

I hated those bright bastards.

Buuuuuut, since they are gone now, I'm not mad at Kuroda for giving them a try. I'm sure he'll be relived to hear that.

Yeah can't blame them for doing something different, and also have to give them props for recognizing they weren't working.   

Hicks

Quote from: ph92 on July 15, 2017, 11:43:17 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 15, 2017, 11:39:51 AM

same.
But oh... That's what I get for missing out on 4 years of the Phish

Ha, I liked them too though. 

mbw

The new rig has the ability to move down right over the band in 4 arches.  Not sure what the effect is other than it makes the stage look more intimate.