News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Summer "Tour" 2017

Started by emay, March 21, 2017, 02:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sunrisevt

Just locked down my tix for the last weekend of BD. Holy living fuck am I pumped for this.

:rockout:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

kellerb

emay

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on July 20, 2017, 03:46:46 PM
Mike is Banksy

Sorry, but Banksy is in Massive Attack, not Phish. Close though...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

Quote from: sunrisevt on July 20, 2017, 12:54:06 PM
Just locked down my tix for the last weekend of BD. Holy living fuck am I pumped for this.

:rockout:
Atta boy
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

I'm kinda sorta maybe freaking out with excitement right now!
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 21, 2017, 12:50:06 AM

You guys are stoked!!  :beers:

I still think the no repeats thing has some legs. Number one, they are digging deep into the catalog and side project catalog. Two, they have been playing at least one long jam a night, limiting song count.  Three, Page said if they ever play a residency, they would make some of the nights theme nights or something to that effect.  So while it seems ludicrous to assume that they won't play a Ghost or Disease or any of the new songs already played at MSG, I can't remember the last time they played 5 shows without a repeat. Also, pretty sure no Gamehenge songs yet.   The fact that they are webcasting every show seems to me like they are either going to be building toward something or have something special every night.  Who knows, it could be standard tour fare, but I feel like the opportunity for them to so something unique like no repeats is too glaring for them not to take advantage of it in some way.  I would be so stoked if they did a Motown set, or a disco set or a whole show Tweezer or something. Or a whole show or set like the Storage Jam or Tower Jam. They can do whatever.  Dog Log show?  I mean they already played an hour Runaway Jim so....All bets are off when you play the same room 13 times in row. Pretty sure this is going to be off the chains. And they always play better when it's undersold, which these are.  One thing for sure  is that if they continue no repeats, big dogs like Reba, Tweezer, Mikes and YEM are going to carry a ton of extra weight of it turns out they are tour one-offs. /end rant.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 21, 2017, 01:29:50 AM

I still think the no repeats thing has some legs. Number one, they are digging deep into the catalog and side project catalog. Two, they have been playing at least one long jam a night, limiting song count.  Three, Page said if they ever play a residency, they would make some of the nights theme nights or something to that effect.  So while it seems ludicrous to assume that they won't play a Ghost or Disease or any of the new songs already played at MSG, I can't remember the last time they played 5 shows without a repeat. Also, pretty sure no Gamehenge songs yet.   The fact that they are webcasting every show seems to me like they are either going to be building toward something or have something special every night.  Who knows, it could be standard tour fare, but I feel like the opportunity for them to so something unique like no repeats is too glaring for them not to take advantage of it in some way.  I would be so stoked if they did a Motown set, or a disco set or a whole show Tweezer or something. Or a whole show or set like the Storage Jam or Tower Jam. They can do whatever.  Dog Log show?  I mean they already played an hour Runaway Jim so....All bets are off when you play the same room 13 times in row. Pretty sure this is going to be off the chains. And they always play better when it's undersold, which these are.  One thing for sure  is that if they continue no repeats, big dogs like Reba, Tweezer, Mikes and YEM are going to carry a ton of extra weight of it turns out they are tour one-offs. /end rant.

They played Wilson on Sunday. 

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on July 21, 2017, 01:45:46 AM

They played Wilson on Sunday. 

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Damn this gets me giddy and I'm not even gonna be there.
And LMAO Hicks.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

THIS
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

Yeah, it's weird how people didn't like the idea but now it's approaching and everyone thinks it'll be pretty epic...

runawayjimbo

One thing for sure  is that if they continue no repeats, big dogs like Reba, Tweezer, Mikes and YEM are going to carry a ton of extra weight of it turns out they are tour one-offs.

I said this to a buddy the other day. The anticipation building up to those opening notes of Tweezer or Mike's in the 9th or 10th or 13th show is gonna be so YUGE I'm thinking the roof might literally blow the fuck off.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.