News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee Summer Tour 2017

Started by WhatstheUse?, April 27, 2017, 05:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

lol. I knew that was coming.

We are just waiting on the sound guy to send us the SBD feed from that night.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 27, 2017, 02:35:03 PM
lol. I knew that was coming.

We are just waiting on the sound guy to send us the SBD feed from that night.

A likely story.

I'm enjoying the Camel show right now.

Gumbo72203

Giving this one a spin right now!  https://archive.org/details/jauntee2017-06-20.flac16_/jauntee2017-06-20d2t02.flac

28 minute Before The Storm is super legit.  It gets into one of my favorite types of Jauntspaces around the 18 minute mark when they find this wild, crashing and careening peak climax.  So fucking great.  Wild and unhinged and super rhythmic.  And then it settles into a relaxed bluesy groove after.  Perfect.  And then it peaks AGAIN!  Solid contender for best-ever performance of the tune. 

Wednesday is coming fast!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

pcr3

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 27, 2017, 07:58:31 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 27, 2017, 06:08:37 PM
How are you guys going to approach the two Live Album Session shows knowing that they are going to be used for that purpose? It seems like it would put extra pressure on you guys.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: We've been trying to figure out how to do an official Live Album for awhile now yet none of the traditional methods seemed feasible/logical to us. Option A. would've been to multi-track a single show and hope we play amazing and release the choice cuts (ala Slip Stitch & Pass) - that seemed to put even more pressure on one specific performance, and wouldn't really be possible, set-up wise, in some of the smaller venues we play. Option B. would've been to multi-track a run of shows, or even an entire tour and realease the choice cuts from that (ala A Live One) -- well, we quickly learned that wasn't a realistic option based on numerous things... primarily the costs to have someone multitrack so many shows, but also, there would be an inconsistency in mic placement, setup/natural room reverbs/stage set ups/pa set ups etc etc. that would, in turn, create an an album full of live tracks that didn't have a consistent 'sound'. It just wouldn't have worked in the same way A Live One or any other live album of that caliber worked (w/o an extra couple tens-of-thousands of dollars)

So.... we came up with this idea. Play a couple full, two set shows, at an actual studio, with a complete live room/stage and room for 75-100 people.  We're working on a beer sponsor, so hopefully, it'll be a free beer event with lot of close friends/fans and, ideally, kind of re-create the relaxed, house party vibe we had when the bad started playing shows at my loft space!

But uhhhhh.... yes. It puts an incredible amount of pressure on us to KNOW that we are paying by the minute to create something that is pre-emtively decided to be released. Thanks. ;)

So, this is tonight...   :banana: :banana: :banana:

Roll call?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

birdman

I'm ready.
Give me the ball, coach.
Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

Spectacular.
And I have a ripping hangover.
Can't wait for round 2.
Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

It was awesome, though we may have put a pretty big dent on the beer supply, especially if Lord Hobo isn't replenishing it.

I think I got this, though the Astral Turtle Dance is questionable.  I asked gumbo what they had played, as I couldn't remember and hadn't written it down.

Carry Me On
Colorado>
Dog Gone Blues>
Regretless Acceptance
Fading Time
Tale of Mr. Turner
Excelsior
Mammoth Relaxes
For Lovers

Enjoy the Ride~>
The Heater>
When The Love Is
Get Young
Astral Turtle Dance
Head Spin>
Have You Ever

The Enjoy the Ride was long and went to a lot of places.  The Fading Time was also very good.  It was all good, but those stood out as the best parts.

Can't wait for tonight!

kellerb

Quote from: pcr3 on July 13, 2017, 11:11:46 AM
It was awesome, though we may have put a pretty big dent on the beer supply, especially if Lord Hobo isn't replenishing it.

I think I got this, though the Astral Turtle Dance is questionable.  I asked gumbo what they had played, as I couldn't remember and hadn't written it down.

Carry Me On
Colorado>
Dog Gone Blues>
Regretless Acceptance
Fading Time
Tale of Mr. Turner
Excelsior
Mammoth Relaxes
For Lovers

Enjoy the Ride~>
The Heater>
When The Love Is
Get Young
Astral Turtle Dance
Head Spin>
Have You Ever

The Enjoy the Ride was long and went to a lot of places.  The Fading Time was also very good.  It was all good, but those stood out as the best parts.

Can't wait for tonight!

That doesn't look like any Gumbo setlist I've ever seen

rowjimmy

Quote from: pcr3 on July 13, 2017, 11:11:46 AM

Carry Me On
Colorado>
Dog Gone Blues>
Regretless Acceptance
Fading Time
Tale of Mr. Turner
Excelsior
Mammoth Relaxes
For Lovers

Enjoy the Ride~>
The Heater>
When The Love Is
Get Young
Astral Turtle Dance
Head Spin>
Have You Ever

Can't wait for tonight!

Nice!
They played a hot Fading Time when I saw them in Charlottesville.
I'm sure that Colorado > Dog Gone > Regretless segment is pretty tasty too.