News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New LivePhish Release: 6/17/94 OJ Show!

Started by Hicks, June 29, 2017, 05:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natronzero

This was also the 18th birthday of one of my best friends from growing up, and this show has definitely helped me remember his birthday over the years.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

mbw

sls.stormyrider

Yes it was. Listening now

Also the night that the Rangers won the Cup
Near and dear to my heart
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 29, 2017, 11:06:22 PM
I remember this night like it was yesterday.  Wasn't at the show, but it was just one of those times (kinda like 9/11 or when Reagan and Lennon got shot) that you remember exactly who you were with and what you were doing when the news started to break.

I had just moved back to Portland, OR for the Summer having arrived that morning.  My buddy Brendan and I sat down to watch the NBA Finals, Knicks/Rockets game 5 that early evening when NBC cut the game and showed the OJ Bronco chase. 
Fun release, "...'cause we got OJ in the band!" 

Caravan2001

Just played this.  Amazing show obv.  That said, I don't hear too much improvement over the circulating SBD, but in fairness, I am listening to a 320MP3 .  Still sounds banging.  I will need to seek out the uncompressed, but the one that's been on the streets for years has always sounded amazing.  The lack of room ambiance and crowd noise is always a negative for me (even though Paul always ran a room mic).  There is crowd noise at the end of Harpua but not much elsewhere.

mattstick

I'm always less enthused when they release something that has an existing SBD in circulation...

rowjimmy

I enjoyed it. You can hear Fish better during his OJ banter.

I was listening to Dead tapes and picking up a batch of new ones from a friend's house. We had the basketball game on (though I didn't give a shit about it) when they broke into the chase. Such a bizarre and memorable event.

mattstick

khalpin

That's so much better than the official art.

ph92

Quote from: mattstick on July 29, 2017, 08:37:56 PM

Found this fan-art cover on Reddit...
I'm gonna make this the new album art for my fileset :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH