News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bonnaroo Radiohead Unappreciation

Started by Hicks, February 02, 2006, 06:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

personally, i like alot of the bands that play at festivals, just not festivals, themselves.
even the phish festivals didnt really get me going.
i would much rather see a band that i was interested in, in the types of clubs/theatres/arenas
that they normally play, as opposed to a huge field with 100,000 other dudes.
i realize that these types of festivals are meant to turn people onto music that they normally wouldnt seek out, but for me, i dont like going to them.
a

skullbone dog

Quote from: august on February 04, 2006, 07:24:46 AM
i would much rather see a band that i was interested in, in the types of clubs/theatres/arenas

thats why im going around with yonder this summer instead of hittin' up the fests, well maybe telluride but certainly not roo

mattstick

Quote from: august on February 04, 2006, 07:24:46 AM
personally, i like alot of the bands that play at festivals, just not festivals, themselves.
even the phish festivals didnt really get me going.
i realize that these types of festivals are meant to turn people onto music that they normally wouldnt seek out, but for me, i dont like going to them.
a

If it's not for you, that's cool too - but people need to realize that they don't have to piss on people's parades just because they have different tastes/intrests.

jedifunk

La Luna rules!  gosh how i miss ptown, and oregon in general...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

i like the idea of festivals, it just takes alot of arm twisting for me to go.
and it is only because of the size of the crowd, and disorganization.
a

jedifunk

not to mention the lack of a decent shitter...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hicks

Come visit Jedi, I'll buy you a beer!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

petert686

I'm definitely going. My hometown is right by there but i was never able to go cause of state soccer, so now that i'm in college and not playing anymore its a great chance to finally see a show with all my friends. there was no way i could drag them all out to sts9 new years or anything like that so i can't wait to go especially to see radiohead.

converse29

Radiohead is a great band-simply put!

converse29

I'd like to make it to Bonnaroo-So many bands that I like are playing at this festival. Having seen radiohead during their Hail to the Thief tour-I can say with confidence(most likely) they have improved as a band by now-(2006).I can't wait to hear their new album that will be coming out this year.
If I don't make it to Bonnaroo.....I'll probably go catch them in Boston.

ucusty

more like bonnaroo unnappreciation...