News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

wikka or mediawiki?

Started by tet, April 14, 2006, 04:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

hmm, looks IE specifix for sure... this is from the official wikka bug list:
the Blank on IE browser
i just tested it on IE,firefox,opera;but only on IE it sometimes got blank page,nothing displaed,no code on it(so i think it's not coz the insert ads host,and my host don't gave ads).this not happened always,when you click the links,go to the new page,got a blank,then refresh it,it displayed.no this problem on firefox or opera.

but which is interesting,on your official site of Wikka,there is no this problem with IE blank.is there something wrong with the File permission?(exhausted with it),but when refresh the blank page,it displayed.

* Details like the versions of your IE, your webserver and Mysql (and perhaps a link to the page) would be helpfull! NilsLindenberg

so, if you go to the page, then hit Reload/Refresh, does it show up??  it seems like it will...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

August

switched to firefox.
i am back in!
a

tet

but what about hitting refresh/reload in IE, does that then bring up the page, or still blank?  this appears to be an issue with MySQL (our backend database management software), so i am not sure if it's anything we'll be able to fix too easily...  as much as it pains me to say it, if it doesn't work on IE, we probably shouldn't bother with this wiki software then, because 90% of the world is too lazy to use a standards-compliant browser  :|
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

August

nope.
refresh doesnt work on ie.
a

sophist

can i switch browsers for free?  or are we going to switch wikis since its a general problem for IE users?
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

August

its $50.
you can send it via paypal to my account.

itsfree@free.com

a

sophist

Done :wink:

I sent 100$ so take extra care of my account :roll:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!