News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

new wiki

Started by guyforget, April 05, 2006, 12:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

i still talk to rowjimmy via IM.
should i let him know that we are getting this going and see if he is still interested?
there is a good chance that he isnt, but there might be a chance that he is.
RJ is koo.....right?
a

jedifunk

of course, but i'm pretty sure he's already said he wants nothing to do with week4paug... but feel free to ask again.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

well, it's not week4paug, it's wikipaug :-D

anyhow, we could use his expertise if he's interested.

I can't stop, I'm going nuts.  I started doing stuff with hmtl and had to back away.  It got scary.  I really want to keep it easy so anyone can enter stuff.  I started the setlists page.  I have to remember one of the main features of not just linking to a page but a location on a page.  That's not explained easily here.  If any of you know, let me know.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

guyforget

I fixed the stubbs page to allow uploading.  It doesn't display the images in line though.  Don't think that I can change that...
-AD_

jephrey

that's cool, I believe it'll display them if we link to them from another page.  We'll see.

Tomorrow.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sophist

alright fellas, I'm glad to be aboard.  just tell me what to do and how to do it. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

August

welcome!
you have no idea what goes on here at the wikipaug!...
we are gonna get you so fucked up tonight!
and LAID!
jephrey just came by with his latest homebrew, the "wikiweizen".
i am about one growler deep.
later on, the wikipaug private jet will pick you up and fly us all to montreal for the remainder of the week and weekend.
tities galore!
have you ever freebased LSD?
thats what i thought.
while you think about that, think about this.
the first V.I.P room "extra" at the strip club comes courtesy of me!

and you thought we were entering setlists!.........  :roll:
joseph august

jephrey

Yeah, we'll do it same as last time as far as the girls go.  3 per gentleman.  WOOT!

if anyone can figure out how to link to a section that'd be great.  In the old one, we did something like

[[Setlists#2000-10-07]]  That would bring you to the line that had

====2000-10-07====

Are we going to have to do that part in html?  I think I can figure out the html code to do it and am looking now, but I'd rather have it embedded in the wiki because it'll be widely used.

J

jephrey

put some html in but I have never done it before.  Basically stole the code from the HPB and it doesn't  work, but it does display right. 

I'd rather just list the "Sections" which is anything surrounded by "=" signs and be able to scroll to a section.  At the top, we'd list all the years, and at the top of each year, we'd list all the dates.  At each date, there'd be a button/wiki link that makes it scroll to the top.

Arrrgh.

jedifunk

i'm really confused... i've been following along here as best i can, but you've really confused me... i guess i'll have to take a look at the wiki and see if i can help.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

ok, so i just did my 1st little bit of messing around with how this wiki works... check the 2000 setlist page... at the top, i added a quick link thingy like phish.net uses.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

and what the hell does the affinity symbol denote?  is that an unaccepted change or something?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

confusion is key to this project.  go take a look.

basically, in the mediawiki, you could link to a page and a section on the page.  Sections in mediawiki were defined as ====2000-10-07==== (or any number of = signs).  In this wiki, sections are called headers and don't have the same properties.  Remember in mediawiki where you could edit just a section?  Can't do that here because sections aren't defined.  I wrote the wikka wiki people to see what's up.  I'm going to keep looking as well.

this is how it was done in mediawiki
[[Setlists#2000-10-07]]

Here we can go to the setlists page, but not to a section on that page.

Is that a better explanation?

J

jedifunk

is that ticket stub too big?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

nope, still confused :-D
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio