News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NEW POLL: Karma, yes or no?

Started by tet, April 07, 2006, 09:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we keep the Karma?

Yes
21 (60%)
No
4 (11.4%)
Don't Care
10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

tet

Well?  I like it, but it's a community board...  so what do y'all think?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

I like it too.  People just have to understand that it has to be taken with a grain of salt.  Everyone gives karma for different reasons and since you can't control that, there's going to be people that give a lot out, and by chance, people that recieve a lot.  I started filling a lot of requests lately, and I know that's helping my karma.

Hi, my name's Jeff and I'm a karma whore.

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

disco

I think its fun and a little way of showing people who help that their efforts are appreciated , as long as people don't take it too seriously, we should be fine
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

fauxpaxfauxreal

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jonyem

I keep telling myself I don't like it, then I go an applaud everyone anyway.
Go figure.
Perhaps I'll change my vote.

whatapiper

i said i didnt care in the poll, b/c like mattstick said, the number one reason im here is the music.  my life is so hectic and crazy that i just dont have time to really get too involved in the social community on this board.  i mainly stick to the phish bt page and iso's to furthur help spread the love.  no insult to those who do spend lots of time on here.....

...and yes jephrey, beer rules, and yes i think that hookin up karma points for filling requests, etc is a good way to go.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mattstick

I love how people keep smiting me, despite that fact that almost all my posts lately are to the Trey Archives Torrents thread. 

Hopefully whomever is constantly smiting me for whatever stupid beef they have with me will soon know the real power of karma - not some BS agreeablilty shit on an internet messageboard.

jephrey

like I was saying mattstick, some people are like that and will smite for those reasons.  That's too bad that they think it's an "agreeability" contest but whatever.  It's points on a website.  I mean, applauding someone because they back you up.  Sure.  Smiting because they took an asshole tone.  Sure.  But not based on agreeability.  I don't think anyone that has posted in this thread is like that, and really, you could be on the bad side of 1 person who is smiting you every 24 hours regardless of what you have posted for them.

Again,

grain-o-sand

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hicks

People need to recognize that without Matt this site wouldn't even be here. 

Here ya go, double digits my friend. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Dudes.  I have NO KARMA.  Heh.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Everytime I get karma someone smites me  :-o

jonyem

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 10, 2006, 12:40:01 AM
Everytime I get karma someone smites me  :-o

The powers that be givith, and taketh away.

Matt, I know that recently we've found each other on the opposite ends of a "that asshole" argument (more like bickering), but I'm indebted to you for your great Trey posts of recent, and I get a lot of stuff that you put up. I totally respect you opinions, no matter how opposite of mine they may be. I tend to agree with you more often than not, but of course, it's like getting bad service, you tell 5 people, but you may not even tell one when you get good. Bad news gets on the front page, good on the back. Same sorta thing, I guess I haven't said out loud when I do agree, so it can look like I don't. Anyway, the whole applaud and smite thing is pretty dumb, but it's what the kids are into these days. It'll fade soon, and there may be karma-a-plenty, yes, even for you faux!!

gimmetela

silly.    :-D

but i like it. :evil:

Guyute

Oh, I thought smite was the good one, whoops......... :wink:

Doesn't hurt anything, I'd leave it up.  Only takes up a few bits a person too.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.