News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Album Listened To?

Started by August, May 21, 2006, 02:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Just ran through Hitchhiker by Neil Young during coffee and drive to work.

Great morning album. Love the raw tracks of just piano and acoustic. Those early 70s Massey Hall shows with Neil solo were some of my favorite recordings to play during middle/high school. I love that grand piano version of "See the Sky About to Rain".

mopper_smurf

Quote from: emay on September 08, 2017, 10:19:33 AM
Just ran through Hitchhiker by Neil Young during coffee and drive to work.

Great morning album. Love the raw tracks of just piano and acoustic. Those early 70s Massey Hall shows with Neil solo were some of my favorite recordings to play during middle/high school. I love that grand piano version of "See the Sky About to Rain".

Love it. Moar acoustic Neil please.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

ph92

This shit is awesome! It's 4 hours of straight no vocal psychedelic jamming

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

shoreline99

Charly Bliss - Guppy - think the Pixies with a female singer...

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jam>

Good write up.

I can't say I actually like the album very much though (and I was a huge fan of This Is Happening and of course Sounds of Silver).

Hicks

Thanks dudes. 

While I do think it preserves the LCD Soundsystem legacy, it's definitely a mixed bag for me, it's kind of bizarre that a dance rock band would make such an undanceable album, but there are still some redeeming qualities and I do think it's very much an honest picture of where James' head is at these days. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

I must be listening to some good stuff on Spotify, because their algo has turned out a rather enjoyable trove in the form of their "Discover Weekly" feature.

And so it is that I have now heard "West End Coast" by year-old yacht-rockers Young Gun Silver Fox. The retro influences are quite obvious in their sunny, smooth, poppy, caucasian sound.

Is this still Wombat?

susep

Found a vinyl copy yesterday.  Mike Campbell has been under my radar, great player.

Buffalo Budd

Saw that at the shop yesterday but decided to pick up a copy of She's the One.
May be my second favourite Petty output after Wildflowers.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

King Krule - The OOZ

St. Vincent - Masseduction

Courtney Barnett/Kurt Vile - Lotta Sea Lice

Beck - Colors

Wrote about them a little:

https://www.aperionaudio.com/blog/october-new-releases-music-review-round-up

rowjimmy

Really digging the Barnett/Vile record.