News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

i still can't believe there's only 2 episodes of Deadwood left...  so sad...

movie i just saw again over the weekend that i always enjoy:  Eurotrip!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mopper_smurf

Finding Nemo. It's pouring rain and my little boy is not feeling so well ...
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jedifunk

man i son loves nemo... but he just saw "over the hedge" with his grandma and wont stop talking about that one..

he also enjoys wallace & grommet, and cars
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Guyute

Mine is into transformers so I have to DVR every episode.  He loves Nemo too.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

sophist

Quote from: jedifunk on August 14, 2006, 09:26:44 AM
curb, beating the wire?  hahahaha, thanks for a good monday morning laugh-a-thon!

curb is cheap humor, the wire is thought provoking, emotional, intelliegent drama... you cant compare the two.
i was refering to entourage  :wink:
i haven't seen the wire so I can't comment on it.  Cheap humor??? explain that one please.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mikerobe

Well shoot, as long as it has the discussion has switched to TV and looking at Phan's avatar.  "Curb Your Enthusiasm."  I can almost NOT watch that show.   The situations get soooo uncomfortable on that show every once and a while.  I feel pain for him every time.... I love it.

On the movie front, I visited an old friend last night, "Brazil."  DeNiro's best character.

Hicks

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 14, 2006, 01:25:22 AM
I just watched "The Butterfly Effect".

Wow.  If I had ever written a movie, I would have liked to have written that one.

It was way better than Donnie Darko, which I suspect just ripped off the entire idea.
personal level.

Too bad Donnie Darko came out three years before Butterfly Effect.

We all know you've just got a crush on Ashton and that's why you liked it!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Quote from: mikerobe on August 14, 2006, 11:28:40 AM
Well shoot, as long as it has the discussion has switched to TV and looking at Phan's avatar.  "Curb Your Enthusiasm."  I can almost NOT watch that show.   The situations get soooo uncomfortable on that show every once and a while.  I feel pain for him every time.... I love it.

My girlfriend the same way, she won't even let me watch my DVDs anymore, which sucks 'cause I love that show too. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Whaooo...

i just suffered through MIAMI VICe while waitng for my train to leave denver on its damn5 hr delay!

... save your $ kids.

honestly i was just distracted by colin feril's mullet the whole time, :mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

ehh, larry david isnt that funny IMO... he CAN be funny, but that show is way too hit or miss....  entourage IMO is way more consistent... but i also dont think they are aimed at the same audience.  i find the humor in entourage to be more my style...

guess thats why i also never really liked seinfeld that much... i mean it was funny, but not the best ever.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunk on August 14, 2006, 11:54:10 AM
ehh, larry david isnt that funny IMO... he CAN be funny, but that show is way too hit or miss....  entourage IMO is way more consistent... but i also dont think they are aimed at the same audience.  i find the humor in entourage to be more my style...

guess thats why i also never really liked seinfeld that much... i mean it was funny, but not the best ever.

NO SOUP FO YOU!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

shoreline99

Quote from: jedifunk on August 14, 2006, 09:26:44 AM
curb, beating the wire?  hahahaha, thanks for a good monday morning laugh-a-thon!

curb is cheap humor, the wire is thought provoking, emotional, intelliegent drama... you cant compare the two.

Rescue Me.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mattstick

Quote from: tet on August 14, 2006, 09:39:59 AM
Eurotrip!

Now I'm not a Matt Damon fan or anything, but his cameo in that is one of the funniest things ever.

re: Curb - it takes me a few episodes to get into it because the humor is SO akward, but the show is pure genius.

re: other HBO shows - I really liked Big Love and Rome, can't wait for either of those to come back.

sophist

Quote from: mattstick on August 14, 2006, 04:38:54 PM
Quote from: tet on August 14, 2006, 09:39:59 AM
Eurotrip!

Now I'm not a Matt Damon fan or anything, but his cameo in that is one of the funniest things ever.

re: Curb - it takes me a few episodes to get into it because the humor is SO akward, but the show is pure genius.

re: other HBO shows - I really liked Big Love and Rome, can't wait for either of those to come back.
and we have a winner!!!

Quote from: mikerobe on August 14, 2006, 11:28:40 AM
Well shoot, as long as it has the discussion has switched to TV and looking at Phan's avatar.  "Curb Your Enthusiasm."  I can almost NOT watch that show.   The situations get soooo uncomfortable on that show every once and a while.  I feel pain for him every time.... I love it.

On the movie front, I visited an old friend last night, "Brazil."  DeNiro's best character.
thats why its so funny imo.  He constantly makes statements that are politcally incorrect and offensive that its just crap your pants funny.  For example, I forget the episode but he says something like, if jesus had been a jane, I would of been a christian, but a guy as a god, it's kind of gay. don't you think? Now a intelligent, good looking woman, who wouldn't be a christian?  add to the fact that the whole show is improv and I'm hooked. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

August

"My First Sex Teacher"

Mrs. Starr is a straight MILF!
a