News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

are you ready for some football!

Started by jedifunk, September 10, 2006, 11:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

here we go folks, its finally here... the lame sports season has finally ended (but at least this summer it was somewhat tolerable having the world cup) and its time for FOOTBALL to take its rightful place as the king of sports....  and take your pick on real football (the beautiful game) or american football, both rule face... and italian serie a finally starts today as well!

here's my lineup in my fantasy league for this week.
k warner
l jordan
d mcallister (should i start f gore instead?)
c johnson
d driver
t glenn
j brown
jags d

good luck
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

bacchist

I'm devestated that I had to bench WR Steve Smith for game 1. absolutely devestated. hopefully i can pull this one off... my opponent had hines ward thursday night, so he got off to a good start (of course he benched heath miller ahaha)

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Shaun Alexander
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Fred Taylor
WR: Santana Moss
WR: Keenan McCardell
TE: Tony Gonzalez
PK: John Kasay
D:  Chicago
Rebuilding...

jephrey

No fantasy here...  I'll take the Bears everywhere. 

It's good when the Bears shut out the Pack for the first time in a long time.

Woooooohoooooo!   And there's offense too!

Can I choose Ditka?

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

ok, so i've got questions for yall

so lamont jordan stunk it up for me last week, while i left frank gore on my bench (doh)... i still won my matchup by a lot (k warner really helped)

so i'm wondering about my starting backs.
do i start:
l jordan vs baltimore (ouch)
f gore vs rams (not bad)
d mcallister vs gb (pretty good)

at the moment i've got gore & mcallister penciled in...

please advise
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Umm, ya, thats a "No Brainer"  You saw how bad Lamont did against the Chargers on Primetime.  A real chance to make a statement, but he did nothing.  Part was play calling and part was the poor performance of his O'line.  I would bet that he's gonna have a similar performance this week against a rejuvinated Ravens Defense, possibly a bit better, but not by much.  They looked incredible last week in shutting out TB.   
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

I started Lamont on one of my teams last week.  Only because I had forgotten that the chargers were #1 against the run last year.  That guy Merrimen is friggin' BEAST!!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

tet

yeah i started lamont last week too, what a stinker.  really hope he steps it up, as he's my #1 RB in that league...  though i do have TO and Steve Smith as my WR (hope SS comes back this week, i NEED him)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

yeah he's my #1 RB too, but luckily i got frank gore in like the 7th round... plus i think duece will be very solid all season, even with reggie bush around.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

bacchist

Quote from: tet on September 14, 2006, 02:48:49 PM
yeah i started lamont last week too, what a stinker.  really hope he steps it up, as he's my #1 RB in that league...  though i do have TO and Steve Smith as my WR (hope SS comes back this week, i NEED him)

you're telling me!! my top 3 picks were alexander, palmer, and smith... terrible day for the two that played, and smith was out.. so.. i was lucky to pull off a win. frank gore's 170 yard 2 touchdown performance and an amazing game put together by the bears defense/special teams did wonders for me
Rebuilding...

ucusty

going to Notre Dame Vs. Michigan !!!!
cant wait
GO IRISH
:beers:

VA $l!m

Quote from: ucusty on September 15, 2006, 04:15:11 PM
going to Notre Dame Vs. Michigan !!!!
cant wait
GO IRISH
:beers:

don't feel bad Ucusty-- i had to watch callihan Fuck up Nebraska's chances vs. USC last night. :roll:

ready for the skins/cowboys-- RJ?
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

how bout BIG BLUE today?!!

Eli gets the 5 banana scroll!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

cleech74

Go Giants, beat them Iggles!

I worked at the Ravens game today.  Outside, sellin' crabcakes, soft pretzels, and fries.  Had a blast, and made some coin, as well.

Our set-up was one block over from W. Henrietta St., in Baltimore.  :-D :phish:

Look-out, Baltimore has an Offensive Line, and a veteran QB, to put up points.  And the D, six points in two games. :beers:
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

VA $l!m

well aaron brooks, now injured, wasnt the answer to my prayers, but LOOK OUt 'cause now GEorge Foreman--- uhhh... i mean JEFF GEORGE has Help on the way!!--   :roll:

in other words, -wake me up in May and let me know if the raiders signed a new QB yet.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/