News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Saw Julian Lage & Chris Eldridge on Saturday at the local Arts org event with 200 people.
Eldridge is from Fredericksburg so it was a homecoming for him with a bunch of white haired local who known him since he was a kid.
They did a Q&A beforehand and then 2 40minute sets. It was awesome.

Those dudes can really play.

khalpin

Quote from: danje on March 06, 2017, 11:13:03 AM
Victor Wooten Trio this weekend. Unreal. Plays his bass like a drum kit.
Victor is always a blast to watch in any lineup.

GBL

Had an awesome weekend of live music.  Saw Victor Wooten at the Dakota Jazz Club on Friday night.  I've never experienced such an intimate show before and he absolutely slayed, what a talented group of musicians.

Then last night, was able to see Phantogram at the newly renovated Palace Theater in downtown St. Paul!  I seriously love this band and love seeing them live, and it was another great show.

HUGE shout-out to caravan for facilitating VIP tickets for me and the lady, it was so generous of you to hook that up for us! Thank you!

eta: I didn't run in to Ryan, if you get a chance please pass on my sincere thanks, we really appreciated the tickets!

:beers:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Caravan2001

Quote from: GBL on March 13, 2017, 04:23:11 PM
Had an awesome weekend of live music.  Saw Victor Wooten at the Dakota Jazz Club on Friday night.  I've never experienced such an intimate show before and he absolutely slayed, what a talented group of musicians.

Then last night, was able to see Phantogram at the newly renovated Palace Theater in downtown St. Paul!  I seriously love this band and love seeing them live, and it was another great show.

HUGE shout-out to caravan for facilitating VIP tickets for me and the lady, it was so generous of you to hook that up for us! Thank you!

eta: I didn't run in to Ryan, if you get a chance please pass on my sincere thanks, we really appreciated the tickets!

:beers:

Glad it worked out!  Heard it was a great show for them too.

pcr3

I saw Dawes at the Orpheum in Boston last Saturday.  As they mostly play supporting and festival gigs, I had yet to see them play a proper 2 set show.  With no opening band, they did exactly that on Saturday, and it fucking blew me away.  I've seen them 5 times, and this was off the charts good.  Not sure whether to believe this or not, but Taylor (the main guy) announced after the second song that this was their largest draw ever.  I imagine it's possible as they rarely play as headliner with no opener.

Anyway, I can't say enough about this band.  Check them out if they're coming to your area on this tour.  I was familiar with maybe half of the songs, many of which I'd only heard once or twice.  BLOWN AWAY.  I was immediately engaged with every song, and I was not ever bored by anything they played.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

jam>

Quote from: pcr3 on March 15, 2017, 05:31:46 PM
I saw Dawes at the Orpheum in Boston last Saturday.  As they mostly play supporting and festival gigs, I had yet to see them play a proper 2 set show.  With no opening band, they did exactly that on Saturday, and it fucking blew me away.  I've seen them 5 times, and this was off the charts good.  Not sure whether to believe this or not, but Taylor (the main guy) announced after the second song that this was their largest draw ever.  I imagine it's possible as they rarely play as headliner with no opener.

Anyway, I can't say enough about this band.  Check them out if they're coming to your area on this tour.  I was familiar with maybe half of the songs, many of which I'd only heard once or twice.  BLOWN AWAY.  I was immediately engaged with every song, and I was not ever bored by anything they played.

Good to know. I'll check them out. I just came across Taylor from the New Basement Tapes recording I just got around to listening to (which doesn't suck) – so was meaning to check out Dawes.

Buffalo Budd

Great Lake Swimmers at Parkindale Hall.
I'm not a huge fan of these guys but a friend hooked me up with tickets and I was pleasantly surprised. I think a big part of it was the venue, which was a town hall in the middle of nowhere that was converted to a music venue. BYOB and just a bunch of hippies in the middle of the woods. During intermission, most of the attendees were outside puffing and the owner comes out and shuts off the outside light. He says, 'just wanted to make sure everyone got to see the stars tonight'. Not a street light for 30 miles so it was pretty spectacular. Incredible vibe and they played a ton of old stuff, great night all in all.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Was a great weekend for music.  Had my mind blown on Friday by the Dave Holland Trio w/ Kevin Eubanks.  Jesus.  They just came on stage an jammed without stopping for 2 hours. Kevin Eubanks freaking shreds.  Had no idea.  Was totally blown away and if you ever have a chance to see Dave Holland, go no matter what.

Sunday night was RAdiohead (with Hicks).  It was another amazing show from those guys.  Maybe the best I have seen them?  Hadn't smoked weed in 6-7 weeks, so to say that I got blazed was an understatement. Glad my wife was there to drive me home lol.  Anyway, sick, sick show.

King Gizzard tonight!  Pumped!

shoreline99

Trey Anastasio Band
THE Capitol Theatre, Port Chester NY
4/14/2017

I: Sand, Mozambique, Cayman Review, What is Life, This Crazy World I Know *, Sweet And Dandy, Speak to Me, Pigtail, Feel It Still#, Valentine, Soul Rebel, Gotta Jibboo..

II: Curlews Call, Night Speaks, Liquid Time, 49 Bye Byes, Alaska, Heavy Things, Simple Twist Up Dave, Windora Bug, Shine, Clint Eastwood, Dazed and Confused.

E: The Parting Glass%, Push on til the Day

* New Tom & Trey song, debut.
# Portugal the Man song, debut
% debut. scottish/irish traditional

Chainsaw with vocals on Feel it Still, Hartswick on Dazed and Confused. The Parting Glass was acapella.

Sick show. Can't wait for tonight. I have a feeling this tour is going to get better as it goes on, based on how high they set the bar last night and the energy they have.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

shoreline99

Trey Anastasio Band
THE Capitol Theatre, Port Chester NY
4/15/2017

Set One:
Drifting, Magilla, Sometime After Sunset, Alive Again, O-o-h Child, 1977 (Chainsaw vocals), It Makes No Difference, Small Axe, Last Tube, Lever Boy, Bounce

Set Two:
Money Love & Change, The Way I Feel, Tuesday, Ocelot, Goodbye Head, Architect, The Devil Went Down To Georgia, MacArthur Park(J Ha vocals), Ether Sunday, First Tube

Encore:
Black Dog (J Ha vocals)
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

emay

Both of those look like some fun TAB shows!

mopper_smurf

Joep Bevink - instore. Amazing piano player. Instrument tuned to old school 432Hz (not the modern day 440Hz).
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

Two nights of Bobby... exceeded my expectations, honestly. Both shows were great.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Cory Henry the past two nights

Easter Matinee show was his Revival project. Just him and Taron Lockett the funk apostles drummer.

Sunday was bad ass, he really is a prodigy on the keys. They went through about 2 hours of some of the revival tunes as well as melodies of "Crazy" by cee lo green, "sir duke" and "amazing grace".

Monday was phenomenal. Funk Apostles is the truth. Their grooves were tight, Cory was more a band leader as he had another keyboardist with him in the band. He flexed his keyboard chops throughout the night though. Only thing was the guitarist would be hitting about a hundred notes a minute and doing all these rhythm chords but couldn't hear a single thing from him in the monitors. Only time he would shine is when the whole band stopped and broke it down to a "wah-wah" guitar solo. 

Either way I will def be getting off the plane and heading straight to Blue Nile for Corey Henry's Treme Funktet on 5/5

cactusfan

Radiohead at the Berkeley Greek Theatre.
Hot show. Those guys play those songs they play real good.