News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mbw on August 10, 2017, 09:09:42 PM
Just came across Beat Bugs on Netflix.
Its an animated show about a group of garden bugs who go on adventures and sing Beatles tunes.  Pretty cool.
Just watched the Drive My Car episode which has Chris Cornell singing.

Thanks MBW for recommending this. Both of my girls love it and it is nice to have a decent soundtrack that I enjoy in the background while they're chilling out.
I actually really enjoy the characters too with some adult humour mixed in.
Anything's better than Paw Patrol, right?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Anyone have sleep training book recommendations? Charlotte has decided that sleep is for suckers.

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on October 30, 2017, 06:49:47 AM
Anyone have sleep training book recommendations? Charlotte has decided that sleep is for suckers.

We go Bathtime->Towel-time->giant fight to put on pajamas->Read whatever books are the current favorites-->Put kid in crib, listen to him cry for 3 minutes until he falls asleep or shuts up.

So far (2YO as of last saturday) I find that the kid is way more obey-y/less throw-fitty, when there is only one parent/adult around.  When there's extra people you can't get him to focus, and also he already knows to ask for the spoiler "gama-anne?! gammma anne!?"

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: kellerb on October 30, 2017, 04:08:23 PM
Quote from: mattstick on October 30, 2017, 06:49:47 AM

We go Bathtime->Towel-time->giant fight to put on pajamas->Read whatever books are the current favorites-->Put kid in crib, listen to him cry for 3 minutes until he falls asleep or shuts up.

So far (2YO as of last saturday) I find that the kid is way more obey-y/less throw-fitty, when there is only one parent/adult around. When there's extra people you can't get him to focus, and also he already knows to ask for the spoiler "gama-anne?! gammma anne!?"

Totally my experience as well. The nights my wife was out, I'd have her passed out within minutes.
You only have to let em cry it out a few times and they figure it out.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

my guys stay up until at least 10 now.
sux.

GBL

Come on, guys.  Parenting can't be that hard.  A lil nip of scotch in the milk bottle about 8-8:30 should do the trick.

You're welcome.

:tte:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: GBL on October 30, 2017, 04:56:03 PM
Come on, guys.  Parenting can't be that hard.  A lil nip of scotch in the milk bottle about 8-8:30 should do the trick.

You're welcome.

:tte:

GBL for the win.
Worked on our parents.

mattstick

Who needs sleep? Not this one...

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

kellerb

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 01, 2017, 07:31:51 AM
Quote from: birdman on November 01, 2017, 06:05:24 AM
Quote from: mattstick on October 31, 2017, 10:34:49 PM
Who needs sleep? Not this one...
adorable

Yeah, that's a pretty cute baby.

That's also what Mattstick looks like Every Single Time he reads the Paug. <EDIT: except he wears the headband, obviously>

rowjimmy

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."