News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

moe.

Started by Casey Lenahan, September 08, 2007, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifeboy

Quote from: DoW on August 31, 2016, 12:00:45 PM
Quote from: Lifeboy on August 31, 2016, 11:29:52 AM
Been on a little moe. kick lately. Loaded up some of the old favs on the phone for this week

They include:

2001-08-11
2007-07-08
Bonnaroo '02
Warts and All Vol. 1
L

Always looking for more recs, though. I'm looking at you, Bri.
I feel like their jams can feel a little "crowded" at times, but I still enjoy a good moe. jam
that's a pretty good list.  here are some more and the reasons why.

10/29/98 - one of the best older shows.  they used to "jam" a lot more and in a different style.
11/8/03 - 2nd set may be my favorite moe. set
12/31/01 - '01 was their best year imo and this was just an all around great show.  all of fall 2001 is great.
12/4/10 - make up Halloween show.  each band member wrote a new song to debut for the show.  plus they played the hell out of their existing songs.
6/29/10 - fully segued show.
11/14/15 - nate Wilson sat in the whole show on keys.  it just added a different type sound to the show.  intro into rec chem was great as well as the segue into four.  2nd set was over 2 and a half hours.
7/29/16 - just an example of a great recent show.

edit to add:  another gem from this year is the yodelittle jam 1/28/16.  it gets really out there, but then they are still able to bring it back and finish yode.  it's one thing I love about moe. how they come back into the song.

Peach Fest 8/12/16 they did a floyd set with some moe. tunes mixed in.  it was pretty good and you may enjoy it (or not).

Nice, thanks man. I'll definitely check these out
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

rowjimmy

Quote from: DoW on September 08, 2016, 08:00:36 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 08, 2016, 07:56:12 PM
Quote from: mbw on September 08, 2016, 05:42:26 PM
Dear God.

Seriously.
What the hell kind of Mickey Mouse operation is this?
It's not like they're rookies anymore.
it's laughable how poorly they are run.  they are just so easy to make fun of.

but I love the music.  end of the day, my weekend before halloween, I am seeing my favorite band that I see 2 shows for $59 shipped and I don't need to enter a lottery or prepare to get robbed by ticketbastard to get tickets.
oh yeah, and pretty much all shows are GA.

the music moves me and I have more fun at moe. shows than at any other show.
but yeah, it is amateur hour with how they do EVERYTHING.

and by the way mbw, nice use of the period in your post.  you're a moe.ron waiting to happen.

That's a solid value, for sure.
I've seen them a few times over the years and I get it.

Have fun.

Lifeboy

moe. jams.

I live for musical improvisation.

At least they're not as easy to make fun of as the disco biscuits (I love the biscuits)
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

DoW

some news for the 2 others who read this thread.
here is a recent interview with al.
http://liveforlivemusic.com/features/moes-al-schnier-talks-famoely-holiday-concert-new-material-writing-music-puppy-bowl/

there is definitely an implication that moe.down will be back next year.
new songs and/or album are being worked on (hopefully get at least one debut this weekend).
some of the changes mentioned is their long time manager (over 20 years) is no longer with them.  everyone has their own opinion but I think the change will be great.
their setlists really started to change a bit in 2016 in a very positive way and I just expect it to grow from there.  when the band focusses, great things tend to happen.

I can't wait for Saturday and Sunday and the February shows I am hitting in 2017.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mistercharlie

With the no phish in 2017 rumors, I'm really hoping that moe. make their way back to Indy.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

So Phil Lesh and moe. will be playing a collaborative set at Lockin' this year dubbed phil.moe..
https://www.relix.com/festivals/guide/phil_lesh_and_moe_to_play_collaborative_set_at_lockn_jim_james_also_added

I'm interested to hear this one. I LOVE the moe./Bobby set from Furthur tour back in '97.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 01, 2016, 11:42:21 AM
With the no phish in 2017 rumors, I'm really hoping that moe. make their way back to Indy.

.moe's tour manager must be an oddball.  They played a show last year in Lafayette at like the community theatre.  Not even at a Purdue venue, of which there are two or three that would fit them.  Very confusing to me.

anthrax

Quote from: DoW Ilink=topic=7172.msg806935#msg806935 date=1480598822
some news for the 2 others who read this thread.
here is a recent interview with al.
http://liveforlivemusic.com/features/moes-al-schnier-talks-famoely-holiday-concert-new-material-writing-music-puppy-bowl/

there is definitely an implication that moe.down will be back next year.
new songs and/or album are being worked on (hopefully get at least one debut this weekend).
some of the changes mentioned is their long time manager (over 20 years) is no longer with them.  everyone has their own opinion but I think the change will be great.
their setlists really started to change a bit in 2016 in a very positive way and I just expect it to grow from there.  when the band focusses, great things tend to happen.

I can't wait for Saturday and Sunday and the February shows I am hitting in 2017.

They ditched Topper?  Why?

DoW

I thought the hub got hacked when I saw this thread active.

the topper thing is all speculation but moe. had become stagnant. They still made a good living but attendance had been declining. The topper decision was for a change of pace. I'm sure it was tough on everyone involved as he was part of moe. with a king history.

The band is currently managing themselves. Rib was recently quoted as saying he is into it as much as he's ever been. It has been showing as shows have been great. This will be a good year to see moe.

DoW

I know thr Jauntee and Dopapod are playing this weekend coming up, but anyone hitting the Sinclair run at all?
It's not my first 4 night run, but it is my first 4 night moe. run in 1 venue.
I'm excited.  :rockout: :banana:

mistercharlie

I've been listening to some older moe. shows today. I basically did couch tour for the Furthur Fest shows from '97. moe.'s sets were only about 30-45 minutes each so you can do the whole tour pretty easily. Furthur Fest at Deer Creek was my first moe. show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 02, 2017, 07:44:42 PM
I've been listening to some older moe. shows today. I basically did couch tour for the Furthur Fest shows from '97. moe.'s sets were only about 30-45 minutes each so you can do the whole tour pretty easily. Furthur Fest at Deer Creek was my first moe. show.

Furthur @ Nissan Pav. was my first as far as I know.

DoW

everyone should go see this band right now.
Wednesday was an amazing show.  last night was extremely good.  still 2 more nights to go.
can't get enough of these guys right now.  it doesn't even bother me that I am working with 3 and a half hours sleep the last 2 nights and only being home for about 9 hours in the last 48.

mehead

Quote from: DoW on April 07, 2017, 08:56:02 AM
everyone should go see this band right now.
Wednesday was an amazing show.  last night was extremely good.  still 2 more nights to go.
can't get enough of these guys right now.  it doesn't even bother me that I am working with 3 and a half hours sleep the last 2 nights and only being home for about 9 hours in the last 48.

I'll be seeing them in 2 weeks.  Last time I saw them was in '98 or '99.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 03, 2017, 08:36:30 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 02, 2017, 07:44:42 PM

Furthur @ Nissan Pav. was my first as far as I know.

My first time seeing them was in 1992 at The Haunt.  They were really nice and Al gave me the Fatboy tape which had come out earlier that week.  I have been trying since then to like them, but just never clicks.  Probably seen them 10-15 times (I really diid try) and taped them a few times too in the mid-90s.  I will say that the last time I saw them, maybe 3 years ago or something, was the best I have seen them.  They have gotten a lot better since the 90s (unlike some bands, cough cough)