News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Guitar Hero 3

Started by redrum, January 14, 2008, 03:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

I play on my bro's system, he has both, but I play GH2 because he has 2 axes for that and I play as a team with friends.  I also play real guitar, and like tet, I think you just have to get used to it as far as rhythm goes.  I don't think it hurts or helps either.  It's just a different controller.  I prefer playing bass on GH2, and I'm getting close to 90% on medium consistently.  If I'm over there alone some day, I'll whip out the single axe and GH3 and see if I like it better.  And I also love trippin out after watching the fretboard scroll.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

thechad

I've got GH2 and 3 along with Rock Band and I love all 3.  I've even gotten my wife, who hates video games to play it and she really enjoys it as well.  I've played piano and saxophone since I was 5 and when I was in jr high started taking guitar lessons and just couldn't wrap my mind around it, so these games are my outlet for rocking out as a lead guitarist in a band, not just the one who fills in the empty spaces.   :|
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Wolfmansbrother

Quote from: Sophist on January 14, 2008, 04:53:34 PM
Quote from: hoodie22 on January 14, 2008, 04:44:59 PM
So far in my experience, people who actually play the guitar are not very good at guitar hero...its nothing like playing the guitar, so I think its more frustrating.
THe drums on rock band seem like the only thing that actually playing the real instrument is an advantage.
yep.  I have this problem.  I always feel like the rhythm of the notes on the fretboard don't match the actual rhythm of the song at certain points. 

The higher the difficulty the more accurate the notes are
the rhythms are almost perfect on expert although im sure they add extra notes to make it harder
but im a HUGE GH nerd (2&3) like...big time
i don't like rockband as much, the guitar parts are too easy
but the DRUMS on the other hand are HARD for me , it took me a while to get the foot coordinated with my hands
it is a great challenge tho and you might even be able to learn drums from that game...

redrum

how do i get Sabotage? (on GH3)
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

tet

Quote from: redrum on January 21, 2008, 11:59:05 AM

you need to unlock it on Co-op i believe, that's the first time i encountered the song on it i think.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

redrum

Quote from: tet on January 22, 2008, 11:30:28 AM
Quote from: redrum on January 21, 2008, 11:59:05 AM

you need to unlock it on Co-op i believe, that's the first time i encountered the song on it i think.

thanks. + K.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

antelope19

Some one figured out how to get divided sky on Guitar hero.  Think it's legit?

"Part I"

"Part II"

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

sophist

yeah.  You have to do this long list of shit to do it.  I saw a detailed thread on PT once. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Seriously?  So it's legit.  wow.  I heard about it from a friend and thought it was kinda cool. 

sophist

it is legit.  A FAQ does circulate with the details of how to do it. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

basically it's just MIDI, each song would have to be manually encoded and hacked into the game, as far as I understand it.  probably can only be done on the PC/Mac versions of the game, not for the consoles. 

/still waiting on :phish: for Rock Band
-Phish

sophist

Quote from: tet on March 12, 2008, 05:46:54 PM
basically it's just MIDI, each song would have to be manually encoded and hacked into the game, as far as I understand it.  probably can only be done on the PC/Mac versions of the game, not for the consoles. 

/still waiting on :phish: for Rock Band
I believe it works for xbox or ps3, but only for one of them. 

tet

then probably PS3, since it's a lot easier to get into that OS.
-Phish

sophist