News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 24, 2017, 12:21:38 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on September 24, 2017, 11:22:47 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on September 23, 2017, 06:51:15 AM
Quote from: Hicks on September 22, 2017, 12:16:14 PM
Long Strange Trip 6LP down to $65 now.  Looks like I should have taken my own advice on this one. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073VDTW8N/ref=od_aui_bia_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just saw this and had to snag it. Also, it was only $63 this morning.

This is the stupidest complaint ever, but...

My order qualified for free same day shipping, getting it here last night, but I opted for the free two day shipping . I did that so it wouldn't arrive while the wife was home since I get home from work earlier than her on Mondays. I just got a notification that it is out for delivery right now, arriving today, on a Sunday. The wife is at lunch with her mom, and I hope it gets here before she gets home. Damn Amazon and their super efficient shipping!  :samurai:

AAAAnnnd, it just got here five minutes before the wife got home!  :mrgreen:

That went "from a song about tragedy impending to a song about tragedy narrowly averted"

So now you just have to wait for her to leave so you can play it!!  :-P

August

Take your vaginas out of your wives' handbags.
Man up. Buy some records.

Hicks

Quote from: August on September 24, 2017, 01:59:35 PM
Take your vaginas out of your wives' handbags.
Man up. Buy some records.

Ha, next time my wife gets pissed at me for buying too many records I'll just say, but Aug from the internets said I had to! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 24, 2017, 01:42:14 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on September 24, 2017, 12:21:38 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on September 24, 2017, 11:22:47 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on September 23, 2017, 06:51:15 AM
Quote from: Hicks on September 22, 2017, 12:16:14 PM
Long Strange Trip 6LP down to $65 now.  Looks like I should have taken my own advice on this one. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073VDTW8N/ref=od_aui_bia_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just saw this and had to snag it. Also, it was only $63 this morning.

This is the stupidest complaint ever, but...

My order qualified for free same day shipping, getting it here last night, but I opted for the free two day shipping . I did that so it wouldn't arrive while the wife was home since I get home from work earlier than her on Mondays. I just got a notification that it is out for delivery right now, arriving today, on a Sunday. The wife is at lunch with her mom, and I hope it gets here before she gets home. Damn Amazon and their super efficient shipping!  :samurai:

AAAAnnnd, it just got here five minutes before the wife got home!  :mrgreen:

That went "from a song about tragedy impending to a song about tragedy narrowly averted"

So now you just have to wait for her to leave so you can play it!!  :-P

I've actually good a pretty good plan for this one. Her mom was over on Friday and gave me a $50 Half-Price Books gift card for my birthday last month. I plan on telling her I stopped there on the way home from my doctors appointment on Wednesday and used the gift card to buy it.  :wink:

I actually even said that's what I was going to do after my appointment before I bought the album, so I have a pre-established alibi.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Finally found a decent copy of Basie on the Beatles for a nice price. I love this album!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Anyone who hasn't locked down a copy of ALO, it's going for $76 on Popmarket right now.
I just snagged one.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

$88 USD with shipping is about $9 less than $120CDN

I wonder if that amazon.ca price will come down?

mistercharlie

Cats Under The Stars was waiting for me when I got home today, it sounds fantastic!!

Also, for Kurt Vile fans, or Courtney Barnett fans, they are releasing an album together called 'Lotta Sea Lice'. It comes out tomorrow. If you want a Clear vinyl version there is one up for sale on Rough Trade. It's the LP+ version. I just ordered myself one.
https://roughtrade.com/us/music/lotta-sea-lice

It's also available on Amazon for cheaper on black vinyl.

rowjimmy

RSD Black Friday list is up.

Garcia/Wales - Side Trips Vol.1 2xlp is on it.

I stopped reading right there.

mattstick

Nice.

Also...

QuoteGrateful Dead Records Collection
5LP Box Set containing: Wake Of The Flood, From The Mars Hotel, Blues For Allah, Steal Your Face (2 LPs). Each album will be faithfully replicated, housed in a rigid slipcase, with a book containing liner notes and iconic photos of the band. Limited Edition of 5,000.

QuoteNeil Young Harvest Moon
This 25th Anniversary Edition of the Neil Young classic is newly remastered and presented for the first time on vinyl in North America, in case-wrapped gatefold jacket.

rowjimmy

Both of those are simply released on that day. They are not RSD limited.

Caravan2001

Def on Side Trips.  Maybe get the other.  The only one I have is Wake of The Flood and it's pretty chewed.  Don't really care for Blues for Allah or Steal Your Face though.  The production on SYF is horrendous.

mattstick

Wait, you don't like Blues For Allah?

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 17, 2017, 12:12:15 PM
RSD Black Friday list is up.

Garcia/Wales - Side Trips Vol.1 2xlp is on it.

I stopped reading right there.

That one and the Wes Montgomery are the only ones on my want list this year. Damn, and Harvest Moon too, I didn't see it the first time through.

I've also recently been eyeing that Papa John Creach album on Discogs because Jerry plays on a song on it. But for that one I'll probably be just as happy to spend $3-4 on it instead of $20-30.