News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Great Horror Movies

Started by cactusfan, May 31, 2008, 03:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: slslbs on June 01, 2008, 01:14:37 AM
the most scared I can remember in a movie theater was when I saw Carrie. I thought the movie was OK and was just waiting for it to end. Then, with the last scene, I must've jumped about 10 ft in the air. There was a big echo of HOLY SHIT in the theater-I remember people walking out of the theater shaking.

That movie is a CLASSIC!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sls.stormyrider

I don't know if it's considered a horror movie, but the original Psycho is just an amazing flick.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

cactusfan

i'd call psycho a horror movie.

back in the day i loved the H.P. Lovecraft adaptations by stuart gordon, Re-Animator (with great music ripped off from psycho) and From Beyond, both with the hilarious jeffrey combs and the often naked barbara crampton. later on, gordon went on to write.... Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: cactusfan on June 01, 2008, 05:54:03 PM
speaking of vincent price, try watching The Abominable Dr. Phibes sometime. not really scary, but totally out there bizarro. definitely in the realm of so uniquely bad it's great.

another classic with Price, the original The Fly. holds up, for '50s horror. Cronenberg's remake is also awesome.
seen them both. i'm a price fan i guess you could say....

dr. phibes is my uncles fav movie.
that's what we were calling my gramm in the hospital last year when she had an i.v. in her neck  :-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

cactusfan

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on June 05, 2008, 04:55:29 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on June 01, 2008, 05:54:03 PM
speaking of vincent price, try watching The Abominable Dr. Phibes sometime. not really scary, but totally out there bizarro. definitely in the realm of so uniquely bad it's great.

another classic with Price, the original The Fly. holds up, for '50s horror. Cronenberg's remake is also awesome.
seen them both. i'm a price fan i guess you could say....

dr. phibes is my uncles fav movie.
that's what we were calling my gramm in the hospital last year when she had an i.v. in her neck  :-D

it's his favorite movie? wow. now THAT'S scary.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

^^ nobody said he was a normal kind of guy :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫