News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Lemmy

Started by barnesy305, December 28, 2015, 08:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Natural

Didn't get around to seeing them until '98.
Even through the earplugs, my ears were ringing the next day.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

mopper_smurf

The Hamersmith Odeon in London today ....

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

gah

A friend of mine who is a graphic designer created this shirt, thought I'd share it here in case anyone is interested and wants one:

https://cottonbureau.com/products/never-lemmy-go

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: gah on February 26, 2016, 03:40:48 PM
A friend of mine who is a graphic designer created this shirt, thought I'd share it here in case anyone is interested and wants one:

https://cottonbureau.com/products/never-lemmy-go

It should read Lemmy God Forever.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

emay

mopper_smurf

QuoteScientists have named a fearsome prehistoric crocodile after Motörhead frontman Lemmy.

Lemmysuchus obtusidens lived around 164 million years ago during the Middle Jurassic Period and was a member of an extinct group of marine crocodile relatives called teleosaurs.

'With a metre-long skull and a total length of 5.8 metres, it would have been one of the biggest coastal predators of its time,' says University of Edinburgh palaeontologist Michela Johnson, who helped to untangle the identity of Lemmysuchus.

The specimen, housed in the Museum, was dug up by collectors in the early twentieth century from a clay pit quarry near Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. However, it was incorrectly categorised with the remains of other sea crocodiles found in the same location.

In a study published in the Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society, an international team of scientists took a fresh look at the fossil skeleton and gave it a new classification and scientific name.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/our-science/science-news/2017/august/fearsome-jurassic-crocodile-named-after-motorheads-lemmy.html
Twitter | FB | Instagram

khalpin

I was reading a book about progressive rock and found this pretty interesting regarding pre-ELP Keith Emerson when he was still in The Nice:
Emerson, still fooling with the Hammond, realized that a flat object, if wedged between the keys, could hold them down, playing notes that grew more and more distorted even as Emerson played another instrument.  Emerson used spoons at first, then knives.  One Nice roadie, Emerson remembered in his memoir, "had a great collection of German army knives and gave me two Hitler Youth daggers, saying, 'Beats the shit out of the British Boy Scouts.  If you're gonna use one, use a serious one.' "  The roadie's name was Lemmy Kilmister.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: khalpin on August 15, 2017, 10:04:38 AM
I was reading a book about progressive rock and found this pretty interesting regarding pre-ELP Keith Emerson when he was still in The Nice:
Emerson, still fooling with the Hammond, realized that a flat object, if wedged between the keys, could hold them down, playing notes that grew more and more distorted even as Emerson played another instrument.  Emerson used spoons at first, then knives.  One Nice roadie, Emerson remembered in his memoir, "had a great collection of German army knives and gave me two Hitler Youth daggers, saying, 'Beats the shit out of the British Boy Scouts.  If you're gonna use one, use a serious one.' "  The roadie's name was Lemmy Kilmister.

I want to read that book.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

khalpin

Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 15, 2017, 02:25:59 PM

mopper_smurf

Quote from: khalpin on August 15, 2017, 02:38:38 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 15, 2017, 02:25:59 PM

Thanks! I texted the guy at my go-to bookstore and he got right back ro me. I can pick it up within a week or two.
Twitter | FB | Instagram