News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things COMIC BOOKS

Started by mistercharlie, February 03, 2011, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

here's my current build, his name is HEATHEN
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Warner Brothers Animation is now working on Batman: Year One.

I hope it stays true to the Frank Miller original, and then I hope it's shortly followed by The Long Halloween.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mistercharlie

Hey Slim!!!!

Be prepared to not leave your house for months!!! A Marvel MMO is in the works
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 27, 2011, 02:16:35 PM
Hey Slim!!!!

Be prepared to not leave your house for months!!! A Marvel MMO is in the works

nice find/ hope to see more info soon. hopefully it will be on ps3, if so ill def be checkin it out. doubt it will be out anytime soon tho.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 21, 2011, 12:15:44 AM

I hope it stays true to the Frank Miller original, and then I hope it's shortly followed by The Long Halloween.

They've said that the original is so cinematic that there is absolutely no need to change anything in it.  I'd expect to be delightfully surprised.

VA $l!m

new xmen movie june 3rd. trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/x-men-first-class.html?showVideo=1#belowNav

unfortunately im really thinking this looks like another crap attempt at a xmen movie. from what im seeing its yet another horrible bastardization of the classic xmen history. i dunno what comics  theyve written in the last few decades, but i dont understand why they totally re-write the original storylines.

rowjimmy

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 27, 2011, 07:07:02 PM

They've said that the original is so cinematic that there is absolutely no need to change anything in it.  I'd expect to be delightfully surprised.

I watched the animated "Under The Red Hood" movie on netflix recently. it was changed from the book but mostly in ways to allow it to standalone. I thought it was pretty good overall. and it was def. not for young kids.

That gives me high hopes for Year One...

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 02, 2011, 11:20:15 AM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on April 27, 2011, 07:07:02 PM

I watched the animated "Under The Red Hood" movie on netflix recently. it was changed from the book but mostly in ways to allow it to standalone. I thought it was pretty good overall. and it was def. not for young kids.

That gives me high hopes for Year One...

I've got Under The Red Hood in my Netflix queue, I'll probably watch it tonight after class.

rowjimmy

You guys know about the DC reboot, right?

I read Action Comics (2011-) #1 & Detective Comics (2011-) #1 today. Good stuff.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 11, 2011, 01:04:51 PM

I read Action Comics (2011-) #1 & Detective Comics (2011-) #1 today. Good stuff.

Yes I do.

Actually, I went to my local comic book store to try and grab them, and the store is gone. It was the place I had bought comics for the past 20-25 years.

Might I also suggest that you try the new Justice League #1. Jim Lee & Geoff Johns make it one of the highlights of the reboot. I am also really looking forward to the new Green Lantern, which comes out on Wednesday.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 11, 2011, 04:00:24 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 11, 2011, 01:04:51 PM

Yes I do.

Actually, I went to my local comic book store to try and grab them, and the store is gone. It was the place I had bought comics for the past 20-25 years.

Might I also suggest that you try the new Justice League #1. Jim Lee & Geoff Johns make it one of the highlights of the reboot. I am also really looking forward to the new Green Lantern, which comes out on Wednesday.

I did read JL#1 as well (after posting.)

I'm hooked.

I bought the dc app for my iphone and, while it's not the same as paper, it's handy. I'm planning to head to the shop near my office this week...

shoreline99

Have any of you read any of the American Vampire series yet? It's pretty good. Highly recommend it.

I read Swamp thing #1 last week; I'm still a ways behind in reading. Good to hear the reviews of the new reboots are positive.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

VA $l!m

anyone been watching the Wolverine and Iron Man Anime on G4 the last month?
its aaiight. not bad, better than any other Marvel cartoon series i can recall.
I prefer the wolverine one, and its pretty true to the old Japan storylines from his books as far as i can remember.

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on September 13, 2011, 12:04:01 PM
anyone been watching the Wolverine and Iron Man Anime on G4 the last month?
its aaiight. not bad, better than any other Marvel cartoon series i can recall.
I prefer the wolverine one, and its pretty true to the old Japan storylines from his books as far as i can remember.

I tried watching the Wolverine one and thought it did a pretty good job of sticking with the Japan storylines also, however I'm just not a fan of that 'anime' style of cartoon. Give me the old Batman The Animated Adventures any day.