News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things COMIC BOOKS

Started by mistercharlie, February 03, 2011, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

As in 'the Wake'? Underwater labs and mer-people? Yes. I'm a big fan of Sean Murphy's art - he has done some work on American Vampire and also the 'Punk Rock Jesus' series (which was quite good and worth seeking out).
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: shoreline99 on March 18, 2014, 11:30:23 AM
As in 'the Wake'? Underwater labs and mer-people? Yes. I'm a big fan of Sean Murphy's art - he has done some work on American Vampire and also the 'Punk Rock Jesus' series (which was quite good and worth seeking out).

That's it.
Chick at the shop comp'd me the latest issue and instructed me to get on board.

mistercharlie

Quote from: shoreline99 on March 18, 2014, 10:02:09 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 16, 2014, 04:54:08 PM
I got to meet George Perez today at Comic-con, I had him sign my favorite Green Lantern cover that he did and it turns out that it was the very first work that he did for DC. So that was cool.

And the wife got to meet Evan Peters from American Horror Story. She loves that kid.

...Bonus points to anyone who knows who I'm dressed up as.

Ambrose!

Correct.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

just spent the last week... like...alot of time, heh, revamping my #2 toon in DCUO's style/theme/backstory.
anyway, just posted a ton of pics on the dc forums, but here's how my girl Heathen Honey came out.

Heathen Honey, aka Bat Pooh, aka Guano Girl :wink:

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

well, here we go... ::fingers crossed::

my all time favorite comic book storyline is officially coming out.
please god, please, let it be good.

mistercharlie

That looks bad ass. And if I saw what I thought I saw, Nimrod looks awesome!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 24, 2014, 04:12:56 PM
That looks bad ass. And if I saw what I thought I saw, Nimrod looks awesome!
looks prety sweet.
im fairly content knowing Singer is the director.
x2 imo is the best film in the series including all the spin offs.
and then the first one he did as well i liked but it was before CGI really was involved so it lacked a bit in SE.

im totally going to see this day 1 though.
after the last Wolve movie i have a renewed faith in marvel to do the books better justice.

VA $l!m

YES!!YES!!YES!!
frackin pumped :rawk:
ep 2 of 'days of futures past' always been one of my fav covers

VA $l!m

-anyone know the backstory of this new Cap movie -winter soldier?

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 26, 2014, 10:04:44 PM
-anyone know the backstory of this new Cap movie -winter soldier?

Yeah, Do you want spoilers or just broad stokes?

A bad guy comes to town and starts fuckin' shit up. Cap teams up with Falcon to take out said bad guy.

::SPOILER::
copy and paste the line below to see the spoiler.
Bad guy turns out to be Bucky Barns, Caps sidekick from WWII, brain washed and pumped full of Super Soldier serum.

VA $l!m

dam, i almost got spoiled cause when i went to quote your post it popped up, lol.

no, not looking for spoilers. hate those. i plan on seein this one.
i always liked cap, but the 1st film was sorta meh-ish besides Red Skull.

i thought i remembered teh characters falcon and the winter soldier from the books, but its been over 20 yrs since i read any Cap and ive totally spaced those characters backstories.

i was just trying to remember if the winter soldier was a specific storyline, which i thought it was, and maybe what the origins of the characters besides cap without it giving it away.

---maybe it'd be safest to just ask, if you had an opinion, -- if you thought it was a cool storyline. i feel like i recall it being one of the good ones, but again i might just be thinking of something else.
thx.

mistercharlie

The Winter Soldier story ws a good cap story backin the day and I'm betting that the movie is pretty good.

rowjimmy

The first film suffered from too much origin story setup.
He was way more interesting in The Avengers.

I'm looking forward to this next one.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 28, 2014, 07:52:06 AM
The first film suffered from too much origin story setup.
He was way more interesting in The Avengers.

I'm looking forward to this next one.

agreed absolutely.

that was exactly what i was thinking the other day while i had the cap movie on in the background.
hugo weaving as red mask was actually genius and the parts of the film beyond the setup were almost like a tease.

i actually really like  casting of the the actor that plays Cap and am very intrigued to see what they come up with.

VA $l!m

was just reading a bunch of background on the MArvel wiki.

Sentinels first appearance goes all the way back to 1965 x men 14.
the days of futures past storyline is 76 i think xmen 141-142