News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things COMIC BOOKS

Started by mistercharlie, February 03, 2011, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

75th anniversary of this guy
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

I picked up the 75th anniversary issue of Detective Comics a few months ago. It happened to be #27 of vol 2 and Batman first appeared in #27 pf vol 1, kinda cool. There was a retelling of that first issue in it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

have to admit the trailer for the new spiderman flick is awesome.
i skipped the last movie, but might have to get over my hatred of hair gel to catch this new one.

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on April 12, 2014, 12:08:02 AM
i skipped the last movie, but might have to get over my hatred of hair gel to catch this new one.
The new spider-man movies definitly play to a much younger audience than us, but I liked the first one. And since Sally Field plays Aunt May that makes Peter Parker and Forrest Gump cousins, or something.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

barnesy305

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 13, 2014, 05:16:15 AM
Quote from: VA $l!m on April 12, 2014, 12:08:02 AM
The new spider-man movies definitly play to a much younger audience than us, but I liked the first one. And since Sally Field plays Aunt May that makes Peter Parker and Forrest Gump cousins, or something.

I know you were drunk when you fucked me, Jennay.

blatboom

saw the Spider Man reboot for the first time the other day and thought it was quality. way better than Raimi's take imo

VA $l!m

i actually sorta like the actor, but i still dont like the jersey shore haircut.

shoreline99

Memetic. Cool concept. 3 issue miniseries, go find it.

The Private Eye - ongoing series by Brian K. Vaughan. Pay what you want e-comic at panelsyndicate.com
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

VA $l!m

dig those ANTMAN trailers.
love the costume.

VA $l!m

didnt realize the next XMEN movie was coming out memorial day, but then i just saw Olivia Munn on Cobert show and they talked about how she is playing PSylocke... seriously awesome. omg i love MUNN and i love psylocke.
i was sorta torn on the last film- Days of Futures Past. it didnt quite live up to my love of the original stories from the books, but im still pretty stoked to see them bring in Apocalyps for the new film.
oh yeah, and mohawk storm FTW. one of my fav classic looks from the books.

mistercharlie

Yeah, Munn as Psylocke will be awesome. I just hope they put her in the traditional Psylocke get-up.  :sbw:

VA $l!m

so FX has a new show about one of my all time fav Xmen related characters LEGION.
i'm scared. not sure how this could actually be good, but at least the guy that did the Fargo series is doing it.
maybe it wont suck...
startts WEd./

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 05, 2017, 11:02:31 PM
so FX has a new show about one of my all time fav Xmen related characters LEGION.
i'm scared. not sure how this could actually be good, but at least the guy that did the Fargo series is doing it.
maybe it wont suck...
startts WEd./

Legion looks like it's going to be really good. I've been pretty excited for it to start.

VA $l!m

anyone know the skinny on the new wolverine flick?
i dont think im familiar with the story, and originally it looked almost like a kiddy film, but now i see it got a "r' rating.... im curious whats going on in this one.

mistercharlie

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 07, 2017, 05:45:01 PM
anyone know the skinny on the new wolverine flick?
i dont think im familiar with the story, and originally it looked almost like a kiddy film, but now i see it got a "r' rating.... im curious whats going on in this one.

From the looks of it it's the Old Man Logan story that [spoiler]ends in wolvies death[/spoiler], and throw in X-23 who is [spoiler]a clone of Logan but the Y chromosome in the DNA sample was damaged so they just doubled the X chromosome and made her a pretty awesome chick. [/spoiler]. It will definitely not be a 'kiddie movie' watch this trailer.

and this one. Much more X-23 in this one.