News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Jaws vs. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Jaws vs. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

the battle of 1975 fought anew! both nominated for best picture, with cuckoo's nest victorious...

mistercharlie

Despite the fact that it changed so much of the story from the book, I choose Cuckoo's nest.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Multibeast12

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

cactusfan

tough call.

to this day i still can't enter any body of water without somewhere in the back of my mind thinking, i wonder if a shark will eat me?

but i'm going with Cuckoo's Nest. it's not the book, but it does a great job regardless, and that ending slays me.

mbw

Quote from: cactusfan on May 08, 2012, 06:56:26 PM

but i'm going with Cuckoo's Nest. it's not the book, but it does a great job regardless, and that ending slays me.

yeah, its great.

phil

I took an english class my freshman year at college about novels made into movies. It was my formal introduction to One Flew Over, and it impacted me in a big way.

I failed that class.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

aphineday

Cuckoo's. Jaws was great for it's time, but I was never that big on it.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

khalpin

This is the toughest one in the first round for me.  Jaws is the one that I'd prefer to watch at any given moment, but I think One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is the better film. 

sls.stormyrider

one of my nicknames in college was taken from this guy

either way, have to go with Cuckoo's nest
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."