News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-06-12 - Chaifetz Arena - St. Louis, MO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by aphineday, June 13, 2019, 12:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

Set I: Chalkdust Torture, The Moma Dance, Waves, Bouncing Around the Room, Undermind, Heavy Things, Roggae, We Are Come to Outlive Our Brains, Funky Bitch, Set Your Soul Free, Run Like an Antelope

Set II: Gloria, Loving Cup>Twist, About to Run*, Mr. Completely>Light, Waste, Suzy Greenberg

E: Farmhouse, First Tube

* Phish debut
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

aphineday

Fun, fun, fun (now that daddy took the T-Bird away).
Can't wait for a re-listen, but some very fun moments!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

cactusfan

Quote from: aphineday on June 13, 2019, 12:47:20 AM
Fun, fun, fun (now that daddy took the T-Bird away).
Can't wait for a re-listen, but some very fun moments!

So... You're saying this show was fun?

Caravan2001

Def had some moments.  Hoping the tour keeps up this momentum!

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

First set is fun. I enjoyed it on the train this morning.
Gloria is a trash song. Cool that they played it for the hockeyballers but never again, please & thank you.

Mr Completely is dope as hell. But that's as far as I've had time to hear.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 13, 2019, 09:01:00 AM
Gloria is a trash song. Cool that they played it for the hockeyballers but never again, please & thank you.

Oh, I suppose you would rather a hear 50 minute Blues For Allah > Ventilator Blues > Viola Lee Blues?

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 13, 2019, 10:07:38 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 13, 2019, 09:01:00 AM

Oh, I suppose you would rather a hear 50 minute Blues For Allah > Ventilator Blues > Viola Lee Blues?

Absolutely. Got a link?

Sorry Laura Branigan. I seem to remember being moved by the leather pants on my dad's copy of your album cover but... the songs don't do it for me.

emay

thought that show was great.
good interplay between the band, some rust to shake off still.
trey seemed like he wanted to jam a little.

rowjimmy

Thrillhouse

I have no words for the way this show made me feel. I think its safe to say Winning The Cup during intermission of a Phish show in my hometown and then getting a Gloria > jammed out Loving Cup is a personal highlight of my Phish going career......I mean...you can't even dream this stuff up. Wow. Just, wow. Thanks for coming out WTU, its been way too long since we've done Phish things together.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on June 14, 2019, 03:54:30 PM
I have no words for the way this show made me feel. I think its safe to say Winning The Cup during intermission of a Phish show in my hometown and then getting a Gloria > jammed out Loving Cup is a personal highlight of my Phish going career......I mean...you can't even dream this stuff up. Wow. Just, wow. Thanks for coming out WTU, its been way too long since we've done Phish things together.

:crazy:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

These shows were a blast. Above average tour openers if you ask me.

Who noticed Fish's new Roland(?) drum pad? I'll be honest... it's weirding me out.  I've never liked those things and thought Fish would never integrate such a device...... yet here we are!

Trey sounds good, sans a few (really bad) horse-forces throughout the weekend. The lack of whale call is always a good sign.

As for this show specifically, obv, the loving cup sticks out... first ever type 2 version, right? I still lean towards festival 8 as my favorite, but I was quite psyched on this! What else... twist was good. I'm pleased to see these GOTF songs popping up, however, About to Run was not my fav... Mr. Completely is a treat.

I couldn't have cared less about the hockey game, but I surely am happy St. Louis won. Would've been an awkward vibe if they hadn't..... however..... I think it needs to be said (sorry to those locals..) but..... the energy in that room during the 2nd set was NOT as I expected. People freaked out in the hallways during set break. Then set two started.. and it was normal/below normal energy. I thought people would be flipping benches and snorting everything in site but apparently St. Louis isn't like that. Meh.
Bring in the dude!

Play_It_Leo

Late to the thread here. Took my 8 and 10 year olds to their first show. Maybe we spent all our energy cheering the Cup win at set break. But damn, that was one of my most profound Phish moments. Or life moments really. I had to sit down during Loving Cup with my head in my hands it was so overwhelming. Celebrating a first Stanley Cup with my boys at their first Phish show? Still makes me want to tear up.

Mr Completely was sick. Chalkdust opener was fun. Loving Cup jam was excellent. Holy shit. Hallelujah. Where's the Tylenol.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on July 07, 2019, 08:44:32 PM
Late to the thread here. Took my 8 and 10 year olds to their first show. Maybe we spent all our energy cheering the Cup win at set break. But damn, that was one of my most profound Phish moments. Or life moments really. I had to sit down during Loving Cup with my head in my hands it was so overwhelming. Celebrating a first Stanley Cup with my boys at their first Phish show? Still makes me want to tear up.

Mr Completely was sick. Chalkdust opener was fun. Loving Cup jam was excellent. Holy shit. Hallelujah. Where's the Tylenol.

This is straight up awesome.
Good stuff.  :clap:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.