News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/14 - Walnut Creek Amphitheatre - Raleigh, NC - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, August 14, 2015, 11:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Phish
8/14/2005
Walnut Creek Amphitheatre, Raleigh, NC

Set I: Llama*, Chalk Dust Torture, The Moma Dance, Yarmouth Road, Tube, Bouncing Around the Room, Maze, Waiting All Night, Lawn Boy, Devotion to a Dream, Wolfman's Brother, Suzy Greenberg

Set II: The Wedge, Golden Age, Reba, Mike's Song > Ghost > No Quarter > Weekapaug Groove, First Tube

E: Farmhouse, Fire

* - slow funk version

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

antelope19

Looks like a fun Friday night to me. Can't wait to listen to the llama and Mikes > Ghost > No Quarter > Week4paug sequence.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Had a blast tonight, but I didn't feel the show was anywhere near the caliber of either Mann shows.
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Caravan2001

Also, I love the slow Llama.

Also, is this the first show of the tour without any of the 2015 tunes?

ytowndan

The slow Llama was pretty damn cool.  The cynic in me wants to say that it's only because "fast Llama" is hard, but I really don't care why they played it that way.  It was fun and cool, and I'd like to see it stick around. 

I don't know if I'd want it to replace the normal version.  But, perhaps the slow version could make an occasional appearance ... particularly in a second set. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: ytowndan on August 15, 2015, 03:14:53 AM
The slow Llama was pretty damn cool.  The cynic in me wants to say that it's only because "fast Llama" is hard, but I really don't care why they played it that way.  It was fun and cool, and I'd like to see it stick around. 

I don't know if I'd want it to replace the normal version.  But, perhaps the slow version could make an occasional appearance ... particularly in a second set.

Lol, exactly what I thought when I read the set list re: cynical.
A good Moma Dance, eh? Also a song that has gone MIA in 3.0, can't wait to hear it.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mehead

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on August 15, 2015, 07:00:54 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on August 15, 2015, 03:14:53 AM

Lol, exactly what I thought when I read the set list re: cynical.
A good Moma Dance, eh? Also a song that has gone MIA in 3.0, can't wait to hear it.

Guess I'll have to actually give this Moma a spin.  I've been skipping right over it rather consistently during the last few years.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

runawayjimbo

I listened to the whole second set as I was driving down the shore. The future is fucking awesome. Really looking forward to giving that set another spin. My stream was a little spotty and the Ghost sounded kinda sloppy but the drop into No Quarter was badass and the Paug was extra spicy. The Mike's, tho 2nd jamless, was pretty fiesty too.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

blatboom

I found the slow Llama objectionable personally but I'm sure if I was there I would have thought it was cool as shit and defended it with my life. was very underwhelmed by this show, hope they bring the heat @ MPP1 for a change tonight

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

blatboom

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog