News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/21 Magnaball Night 1 - Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, August 21, 2015, 11:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Guyute

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 22, 2015, 12:18:03 AM
Quote from: pcr3 on August 22, 2015, 12:00:00 AM
I'd guess any of us posting right now are pretty pissed that we're not there...

I wouldn't say "pissed".
Would I like to have been there? Hell yes.
But it's not in the cards.

I missed Clifford Ball 19 years ago because my daughter had just been born. Now I'm missing Magnaball to take her to college (tomorrow).
It is what it is.

Congratulations, both great reasons to miss them and far more memorable.

I've said it before, but they sound like 4 friends who love making music together again.  It took some time after the break up, but they really have hit a groove.

Trey also seemed very inspired coming out of Fare Thee Well, seemed to light a little new spark in his playing.  Its tighter or something now.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Igbo

shoreline99

Caught up with Scotty and PG after the set this afternoon. PG had another wedding to attend, which was pretty awesome.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

cactusfan

loving the Chalkdust and Ghost jams, but man, segues into and out of Ghost are pretty brutal.

emay

gin jam is fucking tits.
the simple starting it off is awesome too. Thats really all I take away from this set, but good start to the weekend for sure, onto set 2...

emay

This second set is great
good jams, nothing too special, transitions are smooth!
the drop to hood is $$
the ghost jam is good, CDT is lengthy but doesnt do too much for me, R&R jam is short but sweet.
This hoood jam is so good!! interesting funk rhythm type jam. the interplay between trey/page during that call and response type jam! hot damn

phil

I know it's not really part of this show, but I'm replaying the soundcheck jam now and hot damn it's even better than I remember  :banana: :banana:
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

barnesy305

Quote from: phil on August 25, 2015, 10:14:28 AM
I know it's not really part of this show, but I'm replaying the soundcheck jam now and hot damn it's even better than I remember  :banana: :banana:

Don't be such a chomper, Phil.

phil

chomp chomp, mothafuckas

ETA: i seriously still don't know what that is
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

VDB

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 24, 2015, 02:13:06 PM
the drop to hood is $$

It really is, and made the relative brevity of the RnR jam more or less a non-issue.
Is this still Wombat?

shoreline99

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 25, 2015, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 24, 2015, 02:13:06 PM
the drop to hood is $$

It really is, and made the relative brevity of the RnR jam more or less a non-issue.

Re: 8/21 Magnaball
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2015, 10:53:25 PM »

QuoteSweet drop right there.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

phil

Forgot how nasty this Gin is to close the first set. Everything around 10' to 15' especially is just buttah

PIE-GUY

So, this was my first TMWSIY and Alvenu since 12/30/95 MSG. A gap of 93 shows.

I was very happy to hear it. Fucking thrilled.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul