News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

future Phish tour: whose on?

Started by Gumbo72203, November 21, 2006, 01:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Hey everyone... this is something ive been wondering for a while, and finally got around to asking.  When/if Phish do come back, and go on the road for more than just a string of one-city runs, how many here are going to hop on tour for a part or all of it?  Personally, im undecided.  I want to, and pretty much plan on, hopping on for the whole thing, or as much of it as i can, BUT im real scared that Trey's guitar tone wont have changed and that it'll be a bust, and that i just threw down thousands for tickets i dont really want anymore...  but im sure the likelihood of that situation is pretty low, hopefully. 

so, who here is gonna do the next Phish tour?  We should rent a bus or something, and have the Week4paug.net crew going from show to show, setting up tables in the lot with shows to hand out to people and introduce them to Bit Torrent and Etree and all that stuff.  I think that would be wicked cool.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

jonyem

from northwest Washington state, I'd travel as far as Oregon or Vancouver, B.C. to see 'em.
A return to the Gorge would be sweet, and that'd be my #1

IF they came back

jedifunk

my touring days are long long gone... (and from a galaxy far far away, i might add)

tour has passed me bye....  i no longer have the option (or the desire really) to lose a month+ of my life...

my son is way more important than anything else in the whole world, and he takes precedence....

and if i didnt have a child?  well, i'm 30 and not getting any younger...  and i don't think i really have the drive & desire to tour again... but ya never know
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

keeping my job so I can feed my kids is more important than any rock band. unless it is my own and it will feed my kids.

mattstick

30 is the new 20!

But I'll be 40 by the time Phish comes back, so I'll probably be too old and grumpy to see anything ;)

antelope19

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on November 21, 2006, 01:12:23 PM
BUT im real scared that Trey's guitar tone wont have changed and that it'll be a bust, and that i just threw down thousands for tickets i dont really want anymore...  but im sure the likelihood of that situation is pretty low, hopefully. 

What are you so worried about?  If that were to come true, I can almost guarantee that you wouldn't have any trouble unloading the tix.  There are so many people out there dieing to see the boys again ( including me :roll: ).  So if/when they come back, buy as many as you can.  As for me though....I have the luxury of living in the mid-atlantic.  Depending on traffic obviously, NYC is about 5 hours away, Philly 2.5, Hampton/Va. Beach 3.5 etc. etc.etc.  So I would not have to travel all that far to catch a leg of any tour.  I also have the luxury of not having any kids, or wife for that matter.   :roll:  However, I would probably not be willing to miss work for it anymore.  Growing up sucks.  There are other things in life I would like to do/see these days and my limited vacation time can only allow me to travel to so many places.  Ya know, that's easy to say now, but I know I'd be stressing it if they announced another tour!!!!  I'd go to as many as I could!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

flow00

I don't know. I'm in a precarious position. I've never been able to hit more than a dozen shows a tour because of a lack of money. Now that I have the money, I can't get off work long enough to hit an entire tour, assuming it is long.

While I am 30, I feel 20 with more money. But I'm sure fewer people would commit to an entire tour. Most of us are growing old and have kids, though I have neither.

I wonder what August would do? No kids, no job, no wife.  :-D

jedifunk

haha

aug has no life.... according to flow :-D
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

Quote from: jedifunk on November 21, 2006, 04:18:32 PM
haha

aug has no life.... according to flow :-D

flow is just jealous 'cause i get laid on the regular!
a

jedifunk

Quote from: august on November 21, 2006, 04:19:57 PM
flow is just jealous 'cause i get laid on the regular!
a

paying $$ to get laid doesnt count aug... ;) :P
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

August

Quote from: jedifunk on November 21, 2006, 04:22:03 PM
paying $$ to get laid doesnt count aug... ;) :P

alright then...then it seems like my girl hasnt gotten laid in a while!  :wink:
HEY YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A

flow00

No kids, no wife, no job = a great life.  :-D

VA $l!m

i'm there witha disco bus, a generator, a turntable, and my vinyl... once me and aug go take out my ex to get it back! :evil:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: VA slim on November 21, 2006, 05:08:08 PM
i'm there witha disco bus, a generator, a turntable, and my vinyl... once me and aug go take out my ex to get it back! :evil:

Phish tour has gotten so violent these days....

August

these are the new kids you will see in the lots.
seriously.

a