News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

circulating SBDs?

Started by jedifunk, April 02, 2006, 11:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcider

so wait a second...

is this Project SBD thing happening or not?
if so, where?
and where is this 11/28/97 on etree?!?!

August

11-28 was never on etree.
if you want to organize a project SBD, go for it.
a

westcider

upon re-reading my post, i realize i probably sound like a greedy asshole, and for this i apologize.  i have just gotten to the point where i can't listen to audience recordings anymore.

i would love to organize a project SBD, but i have very little upload bandwidth (<6kb/s out of respect to my roommates and the surrounding neighborhood) and no SBDs that don't circulate widely already.

is there a reason that 11/28/97 never made it to etree?

gainesvillegreen

I believe it was circulating in lossy, therefore, no distribution on bt.etree

Could be wrong though as I didn't have a listen when it hit the streets...

August

yep.
it just popped up one day, but was in m4a format.

here is the show if you still need it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/87c8aj

a SBD project would be absolutely insane, since so many of the earlier shows circulate as such.
a

westcider

thank you so much for that link!!!!

these days i listen to most of my music on my iPod anyway [westcider ducks as the purists throw stones], so i really don't mind the .m4a, though i always like to have lossless data backups.  portable .flac players are just a little bit over the horizon (actually Rockbox for the iPod will already do it, but it eats up too much hard drive space and battery life).

my idea of the sbd project would be post-grand piano only, or maybe post-94, though looking at the list at the beginning of this thread, apparently there are a lot of sbds after that point as well.  what i find interesting is the number of sbds on that list that are not in the etree database.

Gumbo72203

Post grand piano may be a good idea...  although 1993 is a pretty heavily circulated year in general, and im pretty sure a Project 93 was just completed sometime recently this summer...  but theres still always people who dont have shows or who dont have the sbd copy and would want to upload... so it wouldnt hurt anyway.  im pretty sure it was after 1993 that Paul stopped letting people patch into the board...  so maybe you could just find out when that actually happened, and go from there? 

man...  Clifford Ball, Lemonwheel and 12/11/97 soundboard...  *shudders*
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

williaa

does anyone have the lemonwheel soundboards, I dont see them on etree

mattstick

There is an FM-SBD of the 2nd day that I circulated earlier this year, but as far as I know there are no other SBDs in circ for The Lemonwheel.

Marmar

Just got SBD's for:

11-27/28-1992 SBD,
12-12-92 SBD,
5-2-93 SBD,
4-10-93 II SBD,
5-12-92 II SBD,
3-21-93 II SBD
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

antelope19

Quote from: Marmar on October 12, 2006, 01:52:27 PM
Just got SBD's for:

11-27/28-1992 SBD,
12-12-92 SBD,
5-2-93 SBD,
4-10-93 II SBD,
5-12-92 II SBD,
3-21-93 II SBD

Wow, that sounds like the motherload!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

we need to add 1997-12-29, 1995-11-14, and 1995-12-01 to the list. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

duggy

I'm a little late on this thread I suppose, but can anyone post the 11/28/1997 sbd to sendspace again? I'd really appreciate it!!!
thanks in advance
dug

Frawg

Are you talking about the one that's in m4a format?  I have that and wouldn't mind uploading it tonight.  Not sure if that's what you mean though?  Let me know.

August

Hey Duggy!
Nice to see you back here.
a