News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Raiders of The Lost Ark vs. The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Raiders of The Lost Ark vs. The Good The Bad And The Ugly

mistercharlie

This is a match up of two single movies, but in my head I seem to be weighing them out as trilogies. For the two here I like Raiders better, but The Man With No Name trilogy is better than the Indiana Jones trilogy (yes, it's still a trilogy, that horrible 4th movie doesn't count). I'm goin to have to come back to this one.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

danje

The Good The Bad and The Ugly is my second favorite movie.

Raiders is overrated.

Multibeast12

this was a tough one. Went with The Good The Bad and The Ugly, because while i love indian jones, The ending scene in the good the bad and the ugly is just mind blowing. and so much tension it's perfect.

rowjimmy

Raiders Of The Lost Ark is a spot-on perfect adventure film.

barnesy305

Obviously the best Indiana Jones flick, but I went with Leone. Morricone was my tie breaker.

kellerb

Quote from: barnesy305 on May 08, 2012, 03:04:07 PM
Obviously the best Indiana Jones flick, but I went with Leone. Morricone was my tie breaker.

:-o JOHN WILLIAMS IS PISSED

cactusfan

went with my heart on this one and voted Raiders. i've seen this movie so many times i could practically recite the whole thing line by line.

though it pains me voting against Leone's masterpiece.

phil

If we're talking Dirty Harry (some of Clint Eastwood's best work imo), this would be a different story. I see Raiders going pretty far.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

aphineday

Clint Eastwood is beyond overrated as an actor. Not even difficult.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

sls.stormyrider

what did you say your name was, stranger?

I didn't

wrong movie, I know, but you get the idea
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."