News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Sonos

Started by anthrax, May 26, 2015, 06:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

So after doing an extreme amount of research, I picked up a Sonos Play 3 speaker this weekend.  It was very expensive, and I've been looking for a cheaper alternative for some time.  But it totally delivers.  It does everything I want it to, and it sounds freaking awesome.  I'm pretty stoked!  Anyone else have anything Sonos?  Particularly the TV sound bar?

rowjimmy

Quote from: anthrax on May 26, 2015, 06:31:45 PM
So after doing an extreme amount of research, I picked up a Sonos Play 3 speaker this weekend.  It was very expensive, and I've been looking for a cheaper alternative for some time.  But it totally delivers.  It does everything I want it to, and it sounds freaking awesome.  I'm pretty stoked!  Anyone else have anything Sonos?  Particularly the TV sound bar?

Totally eyeing the soundbar.

anthrax

i just imported over 46,000 songs into my sonos player.  that's over 500 GB!  and it only took like 30 minutes!  :music:

DoW

Yeah, damn these threads.
Looks nice.
How do you like it so far?
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

anthrax

i am really enjoying it.  it's super easy to link a music folder from my external hard drive on my desktop to sonos.  the only bummer is my desktop has to be on to have access to the files.  i'd say i have about 3/4 of a terabyte linked.  there's a 65,000 song limit, so i wasn't able to link everything, but that's fine.

i have the player on my phone and on my desktop.  i was afraid of how the player would handle an extreme amount of music files, but it's super user friendly. 

for the way i have my music organized and the way my house is set up, it is absolutely exactly what i needed.