News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

My son\'s condition.

Started by RHaynes, December 11, 2007, 12:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHaynes

Hi everyone,

I am writing this to you all with a very heavy heart. I really wish I had some better news to share. This morning my son was taken to the hospital in an unconscious state. His tumor is responding very well to the chemo and radiation, but unfortunately it looks like it may be taking too heavily a toll on his body. The past few days he had been complaining of something not feeling right, but he couldn\'t quite explain how. We all thought it was more side effects from starting the latest round of treatment. This morning when I went to check on him before I went to work, I found him totally unconscious and barely breathing.

We are still waiting to hear back on what is going on from his doctors. As soon as we have any updates on our end, I\'ll be sure to pass them along to you all here. Please keep him close in your heart, and in your prayers. I\'m sure he needs all the help he can get at this time. I left his computer on, so if anyone feels like sending him any messages, feel free to do so. I\'ll make sure to pass them along to him in the hospital. Let us pray he overcomes this hurdle and returns back to us all in good health and spirits.

Mstr Sgt R Haynes USMC Ret.

WillBreathes

Prayers are with you and your family.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

shoreline99

Wow.  :-o

Best wishes, Artie. Hope you feel better soon.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

most def.
get better...

you gots my prayers...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

antelope19

I'm pullin for ya art.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

susep

Sending good energy and thoughts from mid-coast Maine.  Get well Mar. 

sunrisevt

Please get well, Mar. Mr. Haynes, thank you for letting us know. All good thoughts and wishes for you and your family.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

nab

My prayers are with you and Art. Thanks for letting us know.   

rowjimmy

sls.stormyrider

thanks for the info.

thinking of you, marmar. get well.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Bobafett

My heart and prayers are with you and your family.  Thanks for letting us know, and please keep us updated.

Mar...I know you can beat this.  You are a champion. 
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

RHaynes

We got an update here:

He\'s in stable condition, and conscious again. It appears as if this was just part of it all unfortunately. He\'s extremely weakened from the treatments and has a pretty bad case of anemia happening. His kidney functions are impaired slightly, and is partly why this happened per the doctors. The doctor\'s are flushing him out, and they seem fairly sure that he\'ll be ok after they get his body fluids and electrolytes back in balance.

They are going to suspend the remaining treatments this round to let his body take a bit of a rest. They seem a little worried that they might be attacking it a little too aggressively for what he can handle at the moment.

If anything changes before they decide when he can go, I\'ll be sure to let you know.

newplanet7

Thanks for the update.
Best wishes and our thoughts are with your family.
-t
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

willsteele

Hopin for the best man.  Positive thoughts.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

antelope19

Glad to hear he is making progress.  Still pullin' for ya Mar!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment