News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Summer Tour 2015 Poll, Pre-Fest Edition

Started by runawayjimbo, August 17, 2015, 10:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Well look at you, you get some of that laser money and now you're looking down on people who don't have cars?!? You've changed, man. :wink:

Also, what Hicks said.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

barnesy305

Maybe the guy hates rankings because he got failing grades in English.

Augustus

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 18, 2015, 04:51:04 PM
Well look at you, you get some of that laser money and now you're looking down on people who don't have cars?!? You've changed, man. :wink:

Also, what Hicks said.

I see you aren't familiar with the films of Matthew Broderick.   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Augustus

Quote from: Hicks on August 18, 2015, 06:34:59 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on August 18, 2015, 04:51:04 PM

Also, what Hicks said.

I see you aren't familiar with the films of Matthew Broderick.

DICK!

sophist

ATL I
Nashville
Shoreline
Mann II
Blossom
Mann I
Atlanta II
Bend II
Tuscaloosa
Raleigh
Alpine II
Dallas
LA
Starlight
Alpine I
Bend I
Austin

About to start the MPP run, will update accordingly 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

Revised 2 set show list

ATL I
MPP I
Nashville
Shoreline
Mann II
Blossom
Mann I
Atlanta II
MPP II
Bend II
Tuscaloosa
Raleigh
Alpine II
Dallas
LA
Starlight
Alpine I
Bend I
Austin

Festival: 
Day II
Day III
Day I

I think trying to juxtapose Magnaball to the rest of the tour isn't really fair in that the drive in set pretty much obliterates everything else they did in terms of improvisation.  Outside of that, I thought they were good shows, and on par with everything else they did this tour.  This is literally the most consistent tour of the past 15 years.  They didn't hit a wall like last summer, or struggle to find a groove like tours before either.  I thought right out of the gate they were firing pretty well.  The anomaly to me was the Texas run.  That felt more like the 3.0 of old, and outside of that.  I was pretty happy with how this tour unfolded.  In my opinion this tour had the highs of Summer '03 without even touching the lows of Summer '03, the playing is way more consistent than 2.0 now, and with the added dimension of improvisational exploration I think they are finally getting back to the levels of music they have always been capable of making. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

emay

I agree with your placement of MPP1 that show felt special and after relistening its a very listenable show from beginning to end.
Nashville as well.
The texas run, I feel they were just laying groundwork, pretty new territory for 3.0 and it seems like they play really good shows at historic venues they love now, not just the one off out of the way shows anymore like they did in 1.0

WhatstheUse?

I haven't listened to the whole tour but I actually have a pretty tough time even ordering my 8 attended shows.

Magna 2&3, MPP1 and Mann2 were all killer shows.
Bring in the dude!