News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Baker's Dozen - 07/21 - 08/06/17

Started by runawayjimbo, January 31, 2017, 10:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: VDB on July 24, 2017, 03:57:33 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 24, 2017, 03:04:31 PM
Quote from: Augustus on July 24, 2017, 02:47:29 PM
Marley's Jammin' opener

Good call.

Perfect.

And how about a cover of Stevie Wonder's  "Master Blaster"? Jammin' until the break of dawn...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

McGrupp

I am not missing the jam show. I'll be there. So excited I can't sleep.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mistercharlie

Damn tonight is going to ROCK!!! So jealous of everyone making it to this show. I already knew that this would be a great show based on the 'Jam Filled' theme, but then this morning I realized that it's 7/25... That is a date that I find brings magic to music. 7/25/92 Phish & Santana, 7/25/97 A HUGE show in a tour of huge shows, 7/25/99 the only time I've gotten front row seats legitimately; dead fuckin' center and the boys blew me away that night (the Whipping Post still gives me chills).

I even wanted Dagny and I to get married on the 25th but we changed the date when I came to the conclusion that if we got married on this date I would never get to have the chance of seeing Phish on this  date again, so me moved the date to the 23rd.

:wtu:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 25, 2017, 06:08:11 AM

I even wanted Dagny and I to get married on the 25th but we changed the date when I came to the conclusion that if we got married on this date I would never get to have the chance of seeing Phish on this  date again, so me moved the date to the 23rd.

Now that is some prudent planning.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

zimbra

Quote from: McGrupp on July 25, 2017, 03:41:01 AM

Hi friend, let's hang on the 11th, 12th, or 13th.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 25, 2017, 07:48:07 AM

Now that is some prudent planning.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Way to plan ahead! 

So how was that Hood jam on 7/25/03?  How bout 7/25/14? ..... 7/25/14 in englewood must've been so sick!

:wink:
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

I was texting with a buddy yesterday from town who drove down to NYC with his wife to hit all 13. This guy has seen well into the hundreds of shows and claims these are some of the most consistent he's heard the band play since 1.0. I was floored when he told me they bought tickets for the whole run.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

Damn tonight is going to ROCK!!! So jealous of everyone making it to this show. I already knew that this would be a great show based on the 'Jam Filled' theme, but then this morning I realized that it's 7/25... That is a date that I find brings magic to music. 7/25/92 Phish & Santana, 7/25/97 A HUGE show in a tour of huge shows, 7/25/99 the only time I've gotten front row seats legitimately; dead fuckin' center and the boys blew me away that night (the Whipping Post still gives me chills).

Pretty sure it's Kuroda's birthday.

Unrelated:
Anyone got a floor/sofa/whatever spot on Saturday? I've got a place to crash but it's in Brooklyn and not ideal for a number of reasons.

Gundo

So much is riding on these damn donuts!  :crazy:

birdman

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 25, 2017, 11:22:52 AM

Pretty sure it's Kuroda's birthday.

Unrelated:
Anyone got a floor/sofa/whatever spot on Saturday? I've got a place to crash but it's in Brooklyn and not ideal for a number of reasons.
I'll definitely be in town that night. However, I will be Bringing my daughters with me. You are more than welcome to stay if you would like.
Paug FTMFW!

emay

Quote from: emay on July 24, 2017, 12:44:05 PM
I am hoping for a set 1 with one big jam and songs about jam...then set 2 be a just a storage jam-esque set. No song nothing.

Still hoping for this tonight.

McGrupp

Quote from: zimbra on July 25, 2017, 08:12:52 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on July 25, 2017, 03:41:01 AM

Hi friend, let's hang on the 11th, 12th, or 13th.

Bud, I wish. But I'm only going to the show tonight. None of the others.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

PIE-GUY

What if all 4 mid-week shows are "Jam Filled" but just different flavors of jam??

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

shoreline99

Quote from: emay on July 25, 2017, 12:21:06 PM
Quote from: emay on July 24, 2017, 12:44:05 PM
I am hoping for a set 1 with one big jam and songs about jam...then set 2 be a just a storage jam-esque set. No song nothing.

Still hoping for this tonight.

Yeah, could also see busting out more of the thrilling chilling stuff - less singing moar jams
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.