News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

01/01 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, January 01, 2011, 11:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Phish
01/01/2011
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

SET I: My Soul, Tube, Runaway Jim, Foam, Guelah Papyrus, Divided Sky, Round Room@>Walk Away, Gotta Jibboo, Reba, Walls of a Cave

SET II: Crosseyed and Painless>Twist Around, Simple, Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley>Makisupa Policeman>David Bowie

Encore: Fee, Frankenstein

@hasn't been played in a long time

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbw

mistercharlie

So Phish showed up tonight.

And also, I out post whore'd you by 1 post tonight TL!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Poster Nutbag

Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 01, 2011, 11:38:46 PM
So Phish showed up tonight.

And also, I out post whore'd you by 1 post tonight TL!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

all hail charlie.  king whore!

Pholy M. Pia

"Be in your own movie." - Ken Kesey

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

I thought that was pretty dope...Missed the beginning of the second set, only heard from Sally on, but I liked what I heard.  Sorry I missed attending them....people there were/are probably bugging...

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Bobafett

This was the first show i have streamed since the first leg of summer.  Since Broomfield i've been down on phish and not listening to them much at all, just checking out the jaded paug reviews (which i belive is my category as well).  I was really impressed.  the show started kinda meh, but by D.Sky i was feeling good about it.  And the second set came thru.  no hate from me on this one.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Superfreakie

Really liked that second set. If I could of asked for one tiny thing out of it, however, it would of been to have kept the Simple pushing outwards just a little longer, the direction seemed set for something quite special. If I remember correctly, it was Fishman who cut it early. In fact, I noticed that it was Fishman cutting off a few songs short on this holiday run as opposed to the usual suspect. Would of loved to have been there tonight. But Paug LST's rule.