News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/01 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, June 01, 2011, 10:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 01, 2011, 11:35:45 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on June 01, 2011, 11:31:06 PM
i suppose all those seeming jams could be horribly aborted, and all the segues forced... but DAMN, that looks like one killer set. can't wait to check it out.

I think Phish is definitely going in a new direction.  I for one love it!  Can't wait to hear your thoughts!   :beers:

These posts will never get old!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Hicks on June 01, 2011, 11:47:26 PM
i suppose all those seeming jams could be horribly aborted, and all the segues forced... but DAMN, that looks like one killer set. can't wait to check it out.

I think Phish is definitely going in a new direction.  I for one love it!  Can't wait to hear your thoughts!   :beers:

I hope I never tire of them either.  I really like what phish is bringing to the table this summer.  I understand that some are dissapointed, and I can understand that.  They aren't the same band they were 15 years ago.  They're more mature now, and want to get different things out of the live experience.  I absolutely am thrilled to see where this new concise yet fluid phish takes us!

Hicks

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 01, 2011, 11:49:30 PM

I hope I never tire of them either.  I really like what phish is bringing to the table this summer.  I understand that some are dissapointed, and I can understand that.  They aren't the same band they were 15 years ago.  They're more mature now, and want to get different things out of the live experience.  I absolutely am thrilled to see where this new concise yet fluid phish takes us!
:roll:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

I can see how it would get annoying. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed nearly every one of his posts this evening.
+k
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

fauxpaxfauxreal

I see you disagree, and I understand that.  I can't really expect all of us to have the same enthusiasm for the new frontiers Phish is embarking on that I do.  I respect your opinion Hicks.   :beers:

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

blatboom

Quote from: runawayjimbo on June 01, 2011, 11:53:46 PM

I can see how it would get annoying. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed nearly every one of his posts this evening.
+k

a lot of them were great, but he's always lacked the restraint necessary to really pull it off

danje

Split was incredible and No Quarter was incredible. Wasn't as good as Bethel though.

WhatstheUse?

Yep..... almost forgot about the Melt. I totallydug it tonight.  Was still. 3.0ish but seemed more patient

Second set unfortunately suffered from some horse forcedom...
Bring in the dude!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 02, 2011, 12:07:17 AM
Yep..... almost forgot about the Melt. I totallydug it tonight.  Was still. 3.0ish but seemed more patient

Second set unfortunately suffered from some horse forcedom...

I totally agree WTU, the Melt was TOTALLY patient.  I'm so glad you got to see such a killer show tonight.  I'm jealous!   :beers:

Caravan2001

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

whatapiper

Quote from: JPhishman on June 02, 2011, 01:53:04 AM
::Begins daily smite regimen::

:samurai:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard   

but seriously, just noticing now the under 8 min Ghost....  :|
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

fauxpaxfauxreal

That ghost is pretty incredible.  I love the Scent fake out before going into Numberline.  Trey totally kept us on our toes with that one.

This show is vaguely reminiscent of Fukuoka 2000 imo.

Multibeast12

This show looks pretty decent. I can't wait to give it a listen. Especially the No Quarter cover