News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Louisville VS Rutgers

Started by ucusty, November 09, 2006, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

agreed... rutgers wont play for NC... which is too bad because if they go undefeated AND everyone else has 1 loss they'll get screwed....

personally i think if you go undefeated and your from a major BCS conference you've got a right to play for the NC
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ucusty

Quote from: jedifunk on November 10, 2006, 01:40:12 PM
agreed... rutgers wont play for NC... which is too bad because if they go undefeated AND everyone else has 1 loss they'll get screwed....

personally i think if you go undefeated and your from a major BCS conference you've got a right to play for the NC

dont even worry about it, rutgers WILL NOT  beat WV

ucusty

bcs is all about who you have beat, and who they beat.  if you have a weak conference schedule, you have to improve your outer conference schedule.  until co0llege football has a playoff thats the way its gonna be.  a prime example is:  oregon last year got riped off and didnt make it to a BCS game.  then they got beat in a crappy bowl game.  their only loss was USC right?

guyforget

Quote from: ucusty on November 10, 2006, 01:17:02 PM
i think IF rutgers can win out they will play a BCS game, which would be big $$$ for the university.  however THEY WILL NOT PLAY for the NC.  either way congrats are in order
:clap:

You dont have to think it; if Rutgers won out they would HAVE to play in a BCS bowl game, because the Big East gets an automatic bid to the BCS.  Doesnt mean the Championship, but the Big East champ is GUARANTEED a BCS berth. If WVU, Rutgers, and Louisville all tied with one loss in the conference, it would be up to the bowl committee to decide who plays in the BCS, I believe. 
-AD_

guyforget

Quote from: ucusty on November 10, 2006, 03:09:37 PM
a prime example is:  oregon last year got riped off and didnt make it to a BCS game.  then they got beat in a crappy bowl game.  their only loss was USC right?

Not a great example.  Oregon doesnt play in a BCS conference. 
-AD_

ucusty

Pac-10 unfortunately is a real conference

ucusty

Quote from: guyforget on November 10, 2006, 03:23:54 PM
You dont have to think it; if Rutgers won out they would HAVE to play in a BCS bowl game, because the Big East gets an automatic bid to the BCS.  Doesnt mean the Championship, but the Big East champ is GUARANTEED a BCS berth. If WVU, Rutgers, and Louisville all tied with one loss in the conference, it would be up to the bowl committee to decide who plays in the BCS, I believe. 

which they would elect the team with largest market

guyforget

Quote from: ucusty on November 10, 2006, 03:32:14 PM
which they would elect the team with largest market

I actually could be mistaken, and they would just take the team with the highest BCS ranking.
-AD_

ucusty

yea but the bowl commitee has a say to
meet me in the BCS thread

guyforget

Quote from: ucusty on November 10, 2006, 03:35:57 PM
meet me in the BCS thread

Gotta drop some posters off at the post office.  Ill see whats been said later... 

And we'll have to set up a sports forum. 
-AD_

tet

actually, that was my thought too, that we needed a sports forum... 

gonna do that in a minute!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ucusty

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana:

ucusty

Rutgers is on UPSET ALERT!  Watch out for Cincy
:banana: