News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 07, 2019, 07:37:53 AM
I feel like the level of disappointment that I've seen online for this episode reflects of poorly set expectations. I think that sets squarely on the shoulders of the producers. if you'r making a six-episode final series, people are, logically, going to expect a lot of bang for their buck.

[spoiler]That said, Dany's failure to serve as reconnaissance is because she's overconfident. Arrogant, even. On the other hand, her failure to circle around and light those sailboat fuckers up from the backside was borne out of grief. She's a shitty warrior. She nearly blew the plan in the battle of Winterfell by jumping the gun and she blew it here.[/spoiler]

that is true, she really dropped the ball a few times.  even back when she was defending that big pyramid thing a few seasons ago, that was a badly miscalculated battle. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

emay

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 07, 2019, 07:37:53 AM
I feel like the level of disappointment that I've seen online for this episode reflects of poorly set expectations. I think that sets squarely on the shoulders of the producers. if you'r making a six-episode final series, people are, logically, going to expect a lot of bang for their buck.

[spoiler]That said, Dany's failure to serve as reconnaissance is because she's overconfident. Arrogant, even. On the other hand, her failure to circle around and light those sailboat fuckers up from the backside was borne out of grief. She's a shitty warrior. She nearly blew the plan in the battle of Winterfell by jumping the gun and she blew it here.[/spoiler]

agreed

mistercharlie

Dany is definitely an impulsive person and not the greatest tactician.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 07, 2019, 11:28:21 AM
Dany is definitely an impulsive person and not the greatest tactician.

Sentimentality is suicide in the Game Of Thrones.

ytowndan

Holy shit!  Way to keep up second-to-last episode tradition!   :crazy:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mbw

VA $l!m

i thought this week was great.
Really only bummer is same as rest of season in that we really could have used like 4 more episodes to flesh out the character arcs.
that being said the Mountain and Kaiban scene was priceless. i lol'd
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

emay

[spoiler]Jon's like cool thanks for melting the throne we just fought 8 seasons for. [/spoiler]

mistercharlie

Good stuff. Arya's gunning for Dany now! John too, I think.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 13, 2019, 09:20:30 PM
Good stuff. Arya's gunning for Dany now! John too, I think.
i'm thinking a grey worm/ Arya fight would be epic.

tet

This has been Dany's arc since the beginning, if you've been paying attention. [spoiler]My only amusement out of it all is all of the people who named their kids Khaleesi.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Cleganebowl was worth the hype.  Sandor has had one of the best character arcs of the series.  I knew he was a goner as soon as called him by his name. 

Arya may be done with revenge.  Not sure she'll bother with Dany, but who knows...  Jon may take care of that for her, and then get killed by Gray Worm. 

RIP Varys. He's been the textbook definition of chaotic neutral and really showed his loyalty to the realm, no matter the cost.  He's been right all along, just got the gender wrong: "He would see this country burn if he could be King of the ashes."[/spoiler]. Avengers spoiler: [spoiler]Captain America would've been proud.[/spoiler]
-Phish

mbw

I, for one, enjoyed and was rooting for Dany as she burnt that shit down.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on May 13, 2019, 11:36:59 PM

She went from Anikin to Vadar. Everyboby loved Vadar.

tet

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 14, 2019, 05:24:33 AM
Quote from: mbw on May 13, 2019, 11:36:59 PM

She went from Anikin to Vadar. Everyboby loved Vadar.

She had the higher ground!
-Phish

VA $l!m

BTW, the cinematograhy of that final scene with Arya is phenominal with the filters and all.
One of the most beautiful scenes i've evver scene on film and i seriously want a wallpaper of it if anyone knows how to find or pull one for me.
REally the snip right before she approaches the horse nwhere she's facing sideways and the light is coming through the alley i think with all the ash in the air and shit.  fuking amazing.

eta- only thing i found on line, this page has the moment but they reworked the shot and it looks shit lol. https://www.theringer.com/game-of-thrones/2019/5/13/18617922/game-of-thrones-arya-daenerys-kill-list