News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W06: 10-02-1999 Target Center, Minneapolis, MN

Started by cactusfan, June 19, 2006, 02:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

I'm surprised people love the Piper so much... For me it was one of the weakest parts of the show.  It's rare that I say this about long jams (especially in 99), but I would have even rather heard a Sand than that piper.  It just doesn't do much for me (the piper).

susep

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 23, 2006, 09:01:51 PM
I'm surprised people love the Piper so much... For me it was one of the weakest parts of the show.  It's rare that I say this about long jams (especially in 99), but I would have even rather heard a Sand than that piper.  It just doesn't do much for me (the piper).

It is a B version to say the least esp. compared to 12/8/99 or 9/11/00.  :wink:

F, what are some of your top Pipers?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: susep73 on June 23, 2006, 09:24:38 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 23, 2006, 09:01:51 PM

It is a B version to say the least esp. compared to 12/8/99 or 9/11/00.  :wink:

F, what are some of your top Pipers?

I don't really have a favorite version...it was never one of my favorite jams.

I do like the 6/25/97 one a lot (of course).  The post hiatus pipers were all smoking, especially Greensboro '03.  Piper rarely "hits the spot" for me, and I thought that this minneapolis one just kind of dragged on.

I did enjoy the Tweezer A LOT (and the YEM too).

Pipers just not one of "those songs" for me.

jephrey

Yeah, I said Piper was HOT, very intense, but I agree wasn't the greatest.  At first it was one of my favorite jams because it built slowly and peaked so hard.  But the later versions do seem messy to me.  This one was, but it was intense which IMO gives it some credit.  I'll at least partially agree that it wasn't the highlight or anything.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: jephrey on June 23, 2006, 09:52:57 PM
Yeah, I said Piper was HOT, very intense, but I agree wasn't the greatest.  At first it was one of my favorite jams because it built slowly and peaked so hard.  But the later versions do seem messy to me.  This one was, but it was intense which IMO gives it some credit.  I'll at least partially agree that it wasn't the highlight or anything.

Jephrey

Yeah, I agree it was definitely intense, it just seemed to lack that certain "je ne c'est quoi" that makes certain Phish jams so appealing for me.  It definitely didn't detract from the show at all (I'd much rather have that than a 20 minute "circus"), but it is far from the highlight of the show.  That said, this show SMOKES and I can't wait to give my review in full!

Gumbo72203

damn, any chance any of you could hop back on the etree source?  i just listened to 10/1 all the past 2 days, and now i finally want to get to this show cuz i can only imagine what this tweezer piper and yem are all about haha

anybody realize that Trey does the Camden Chalkdust theme in this Gin?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

still nobody to help me out with the torrent...
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again