News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guyute

KFM is awesome.  Always good to see Amazon Women on the Moon after that.

The Big Lebowski is one of my favorites.   "I just want my rug back"

Last movie I saw, Firefox.  1980, Clint Eastwood.  Was on at 5:30 the other morning on Cinemax and it was pouring so I watched it rather than going running before work.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

Marmar

what was dat?

we need toto concentwaysion....now twy again....dis time wiff feeelwing....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

fauxpaxfauxreal

One of the first times I got stoned, we were at my friend Jasons house watching the "Sex O' Clock News", it was from the same crew that did the Kentucky Fried Movie...and if you've ever seen it...there's this skit called "The Fed Up Express".  We kept laughing hysterically and rewinding it and watching it....for about 10 minutes.  Classic stuff.

Last movie I watched was "Sin City", classic!

cactusfan

if you're going to watch Kentucky Fried Movie-- and you should-- you should really watch Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon first. trust me.

actually, same with Airplane! if you haven't seen that for awhile, try watching Airport '75 first, then watching Airplane! it's actually a tough call deciding which one is funnier.

speaking of those guys, Naked Gun and Top Secret are hilarious, too.

some asshead friend of mine dragged me to the new Superman. wow. what a disaster of a movie. i mean it's one thing to break the laws of physics in a superhero movie, i'm fine with that, but you can't break the rules of your superhero universe! i mean the frickin thing starts with superman flying off for five years to the remains of Krypton--- now i don't know nothin about comic books and superman and alla that shit, but come on, i thought it was our SUN that gave him his powers? how the fuck did he fly through space? and that was just the opening...

shoreline99

Quote from: guyute on August 13, 2006, 09:29:30 AM
Last movie I saw, Firefox.  1980, Clint Eastwood.  Was on at 5:30 the other morning on Cinemax and it was pouring so I watched it rather than going running before work.

Dude. i saw that the other morning too. Funny - horrible SFX.

Last movie I watched was Office Space. it was on IFC the other day. Nice to see the uncut version. Caught most of Warren Miller's Impact last night as well. Sick snow footage.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Hicks

I've been more into TV shows on DVD lately.  Yesterday I watched the Battlestar Galatica pilot miniseries (VERY good for TV Sci-Fi), and a couple episodes of Entourage.   

I highly recommend Entourage, especially if you've spent anytime in L.A.  Jeremy Piven absolutely kills in it, I love how a lot of the humor is really subtle and visual, best show I've gotten into since Sopranos. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jedifunk

oh man, i fucking love entourage... that show is so damn funny... drama just cracks me up!

but the best show on television starts in 3 weeks..... the wire... that show owns, much better than soprano
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

cactusfan

just watched The Enigma of Kasper Hauser, '75 movie by werner herzog. it was a trip. strange and low-key. i liked it.

if perhaps you aren't familiar with herzog, you really ought to watch Aguirre, The Wrath of God. about a spanish expedition into south america to find the lost city of gold. with the insane klaus kinski. very weird and awesome movie.

Hicks

Hmmm, the Wire, dunno about that, is it an HBO show? 

Hopefully it won't be too long until a Rome set comes in so I can check that out, looks pretty cool. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jedifunk

yeah, Rome was awesome too, cant wait for season 2!

can't believe you havent at least heard of the wire... let alone seen the 1st 3 season...  yeah its on HBO, and like i said, its the best show on TV... way better than sopranos... season 4 starts the 1st weekend in september... i cant wait!

favorite tv shows:
1. wire
2. sportscenter (does that count?)
3. entourage
4. csi... all of them
5. rome

sorry for the threadjack...
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

fauxpaxfauxreal

I just watched "The Butterfly Effect".

Wow.  If I had ever written a movie, I would have liked to have written that one.

It was way better than Donnie Darko, which I suspect just ripped off the entire idea.

Donnie Darko is a better MADE movie, but "The Butterfly Effect" is the better actual one.  Both endings were really good, but I think the actual screening ending made more of an emotional impact and had a better resolution than the directors ending (which I could smell coming from a mile away... and didn't make much sense, since he couldn't have actually remembered his birth, and a movie of him being born wouldn't trigger the effect deep within him.)

I did not like his reaction to having no arms (I wish he would have sucked it all up), however, the reason he went back did make sense.

I thought the explanation of the knife blackout was PHENOMENAL.

Nice DEUS EX MACHINA with the home movies... but I guess the writer had to figure a way out of that one.

I can't say enough about the movie...and I know it's not the best one ever...but it's one I relate to a lot on a personal level.

cleech74

Just rented episode I of the Wire.  Never seen an episode, but I've heard it's a really good show.  Plus, I think it's filmed in Baltimore. :-D 
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

xanadux3

i heard the butterfly effect got booed at sundance. I think its only because its Aston Kutcher who plays the main role. I thought the movie was really interesting and good. Never saw Donnie Darco though I never knew it had the same concept I'll have to check that one out.
I just finished watching Friday Night Lights, my wife and I were channel surfing and it was just starting so we watched it. I had seen it once before a while ago and didnt remember it. The ending is kind of a let down, not the greatest movie ever but it was alright. I think Remeber the Titans is a better football movie.
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

sophist

Quote from: jedifunk on August 13, 2006, 11:32:47 PM
oh man, i fucking love entourage... that show is so damn funny... drama just cracks me up!

but the best show on television starts in 3 weeks..... the wire... that show owns, much better than soprano

ALERT
[alarm sounds]
counter threadjack  :wink:
curb blows it outta the water my friend(thats my subjective opinion of course).  If you like dry humor, then Larry David should be your GOD.  all I have to say is go find and watch the survivor episode from season 4. 

[threadjack end/]

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jedifunk

curb, beating the wire?  hahahaha, thanks for a good monday morning laugh-a-thon!

curb is cheap humor, the wire is thought provoking, emotional, intelliegent drama... you cant compare the two.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio